Apr 19, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
Good friends of the blog The Copper & Blue have a story up linking to an interesting interview with Gunnar Svensson, the father and agent of Oilers prospect Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson. Apparently he is unhappy with how his son is being treated by Oilers GM Steve Tambellini, saying that the general manager does “not speak clearly” when sharing the team’s plans for there prospect.
Svensson was drafted in the first round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, and has been playing with Timra IK of the SEL.
C&B goes over how they’ve covered the perceived lack of communications in the Oilers’ front office, stating how several prospects have come out and said that are clueless when it comes to knowing what the organization has planned for them.
It seems the Oilers are more concerned with business, protecting the image of the team, supporting a medieval stance against bloggers and are in now way concerned with building the actual product on ice. Sheldon Souray has demanded to be traded, almost with disgust, and now we learn that the team’s prospects have been left in the dark.
At least the Oilers have the top pick in the draft, but only because Tambellini did not have to actually plan for it. Hey, at least he’s happy about it.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)