Apr 19, 2010, 12:55 PM EST
Good friends of the blog The Copper & Blue have a story up linking to an interesting interview with Gunnar Svensson, the father and agent of Oilers prospect Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson. Apparently he is unhappy with how his son is being treated by Oilers GM Steve Tambellini, saying that the general manager does “not speak clearly” when sharing the team’s plans for there prospect.
Svensson was drafted in the first round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, and has been playing with Timra IK of the SEL.
C&B goes over how they’ve covered the perceived lack of communications in the Oilers’ front office, stating how several prospects have come out and said that are clueless when it comes to knowing what the organization has planned for them.
It seems the Oilers are more concerned with business, protecting the image of the team, supporting a medieval stance against bloggers and are in now way concerned with building the actual product on ice. Sheldon Souray has demanded to be traded, almost with disgust, and now we learn that the team’s prospects have been left in the dark.
At least the Oilers have the top pick in the draft, but only because Tambellini did not have to actually plan for it. Hey, at least he’s happy about it.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 11
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 26
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)