Apr 19, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
Good friends of the blog The Copper & Blue have a story up linking to an interesting interview with Gunnar Svensson, the father and agent of Oilers prospect Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson. Apparently he is unhappy with how his son is being treated by Oilers GM Steve Tambellini, saying that the general manager does “not speak clearly” when sharing the team’s plans for there prospect.
Svensson was drafted in the first round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, and has been playing with Timra IK of the SEL.
C&B goes over how they’ve covered the perceived lack of communications in the Oilers’ front office, stating how several prospects have come out and said that are clueless when it comes to knowing what the organization has planned for them.
It seems the Oilers are more concerned with business, protecting the image of the team, supporting a medieval stance against bloggers and are in now way concerned with building the actual product on ice. Sheldon Souray has demanded to be traded, almost with disgust, and now we learn that the team’s prospects have been left in the dark.
At least the Oilers have the top pick in the draft, but only because Tambellini did not have to actually plan for it. Hey, at least he’s happy about it.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 17
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 31
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 1
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 58
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 55
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)