Apr 19, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
Good friends of the blog The Copper & Blue have a story up linking to an interesting interview with Gunnar Svensson, the father and agent of Oilers prospect Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson. Apparently he is unhappy with how his son is being treated by Oilers GM Steve Tambellini, saying that the general manager does “not speak clearly” when sharing the team’s plans for there prospect.
Svensson was drafted in the first round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, and has been playing with Timra IK of the SEL.
C&B goes over how they’ve covered the perceived lack of communications in the Oilers’ front office, stating how several prospects have come out and said that are clueless when it comes to knowing what the organization has planned for them.
It seems the Oilers are more concerned with business, protecting the image of the team, supporting a medieval stance against bloggers and are in now way concerned with building the actual product on ice. Sheldon Souray has demanded to be traded, almost with disgust, and now we learn that the team’s prospects have been left in the dark.
At least the Oilers have the top pick in the draft, but only because Tambellini did not have to actually plan for it. Hey, at least he’s happy about it.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 31
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)