Apr 19, 2010, 12:55 PM EST
Good friends of the blog The Copper & Blue have a story up linking to an interesting interview with Gunnar Svensson, the father and agent of Oilers prospect Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson. Apparently he is unhappy with how his son is being treated by Oilers GM Steve Tambellini, saying that the general manager does “not speak clearly” when sharing the team’s plans for there prospect.
Svensson was drafted in the first round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, and has been playing with Timra IK of the SEL.
C&B goes over how they’ve covered the perceived lack of communications in the Oilers’ front office, stating how several prospects have come out and said that are clueless when it comes to knowing what the organization has planned for them.
It seems the Oilers are more concerned with business, protecting the image of the team, supporting a medieval stance against bloggers and are in now way concerned with building the actual product on ice. Sheldon Souray has demanded to be traded, almost with disgust, and now we learn that the team’s prospects have been left in the dark.
At least the Oilers have the top pick in the draft, but only because Tambellini did not have to actually plan for it. Hey, at least he’s happy about it.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)