Apr 19, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
It’s not often that a coach tells one of his players to back off on the on-ice trash talking, but that’s exactly what Kings coach Terry Murray is telling Ryan Clune to do. It seems that Clune may have gone too far with his “yapping”, as he went after Roberto Luongo in the pre-game warmups before game 2.
“He’s got to rein that part in during the warm-ups,” Kings coach
Terry Murray said Monday. “You’re out there to get prepared for the
game. You’re not out there to cruise the red line and be jabbing each
other with verbal shots or throwing pucks at each other.
emotional part is his game but it has to be controlled. If he doesn’t
show it through physical play or chirping a bit, what is he going to do
Clune wouldn’t devulge exactly what was said to Luongo and claims he didn’t hear any rebuttal.
There also seems to be some hatred building between Alex Burrows and Drew Doughty, which isn’t surprising considering the Doughty is on the ice for 90% of the time Burrows is.
It’s understandable what Burrows is trying to do, getting under the head of a 20-year old defenseman in his first Olympics, but so far Doughty has the upper hand in the matchup. Perhaps Burrows should just focus on actually, you know…scoring an stuff.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)