Apr 19, 2010, 9:20 PM EST
It’s not often that a coach tells one of his players to back off on the on-ice trash talking, but that’s exactly what Kings coach Terry Murray is telling Ryan Clune to do. It seems that Clune may have gone too far with his “yapping”, as he went after Roberto Luongo in the pre-game warmups before game 2.
“He’s got to rein that part in during the warm-ups,” Kings coach
Terry Murray said Monday. “You’re out there to get prepared for the
game. You’re not out there to cruise the red line and be jabbing each
other with verbal shots or throwing pucks at each other.
emotional part is his game but it has to be controlled. If he doesn’t
show it through physical play or chirping a bit, what is he going to do
Clune wouldn’t devulge exactly what was said to Luongo and claims he didn’t hear any rebuttal.
There also seems to be some hatred building between Alex Burrows and Drew Doughty, which isn’t surprising considering the Doughty is on the ice for 90% of the time Burrows is.
It’s understandable what Burrows is trying to do, getting under the head of a 20-year old defenseman in his first Olympics, but so far Doughty has the upper hand in the matchup. Perhaps Burrows should just focus on actually, you know…scoring an stuff.
- Rangers have to consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 0
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 14
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 7
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 16
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 14
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)