Apr 19, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
It’s not often that a coach tells one of his players to back off on the on-ice trash talking, but that’s exactly what Kings coach Terry Murray is telling Ryan Clune to do. It seems that Clune may have gone too far with his “yapping”, as he went after Roberto Luongo in the pre-game warmups before game 2.
“He’s got to rein that part in during the warm-ups,” Kings coach
Terry Murray said Monday. “You’re out there to get prepared for the
game. You’re not out there to cruise the red line and be jabbing each
other with verbal shots or throwing pucks at each other.
emotional part is his game but it has to be controlled. If he doesn’t
show it through physical play or chirping a bit, what is he going to do
Clune wouldn’t devulge exactly what was said to Luongo and claims he didn’t hear any rebuttal.
There also seems to be some hatred building between Alex Burrows and Drew Doughty, which isn’t surprising considering the Doughty is on the ice for 90% of the time Burrows is.
It’s understandable what Burrows is trying to do, getting under the head of a 20-year old defenseman in his first Olympics, but so far Doughty has the upper hand in the matchup. Perhaps Burrows should just focus on actually, you know…scoring an stuff.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 20
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)