Apr 19, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
It’s not often that a coach tells one of his players to back off on the on-ice trash talking, but that’s exactly what Kings coach Terry Murray is telling Ryan Clune to do. It seems that Clune may have gone too far with his “yapping”, as he went after Roberto Luongo in the pre-game warmups before game 2.
“He’s got to rein that part in during the warm-ups,” Kings coach
Terry Murray said Monday. “You’re out there to get prepared for the
game. You’re not out there to cruise the red line and be jabbing each
other with verbal shots or throwing pucks at each other.
emotional part is his game but it has to be controlled. If he doesn’t
show it through physical play or chirping a bit, what is he going to do
Clune wouldn’t devulge exactly what was said to Luongo and claims he didn’t hear any rebuttal.
There also seems to be some hatred building between Alex Burrows and Drew Doughty, which isn’t surprising considering the Doughty is on the ice for 90% of the time Burrows is.
It’s understandable what Burrows is trying to do, getting under the head of a 20-year old defenseman in his first Olympics, but so far Doughty has the upper hand in the matchup. Perhaps Burrows should just focus on actually, you know…scoring an stuff.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)