Apr 19, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
It’s not often that a coach tells one of his players to back off on the on-ice trash talking, but that’s exactly what Kings coach Terry Murray is telling Ryan Clune to do. It seems that Clune may have gone too far with his “yapping”, as he went after Roberto Luongo in the pre-game warmups before game 2.
“He’s got to rein that part in during the warm-ups,” Kings coach
Terry Murray said Monday. “You’re out there to get prepared for the
game. You’re not out there to cruise the red line and be jabbing each
other with verbal shots or throwing pucks at each other.
emotional part is his game but it has to be controlled. If he doesn’t
show it through physical play or chirping a bit, what is he going to do
Clune wouldn’t devulge exactly what was said to Luongo and claims he didn’t hear any rebuttal.
There also seems to be some hatred building between Alex Burrows and Drew Doughty, which isn’t surprising considering the Doughty is on the ice for 90% of the time Burrows is.
It’s understandable what Burrows is trying to do, getting under the head of a 20-year old defenseman in his first Olympics, but so far Doughty has the upper hand in the matchup. Perhaps Burrows should just focus on actually, you know…scoring an stuff.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)