Apr 19, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
It’s quite possible that the shot-happy, low-luck San Jose Sharks missed Dany Heatley last night. Despite putting up a stunning 51 shots, the team was not able to slip one past Colorado Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson. TSN reports that the controversial sniper will probably be back for Game 4.
San Jose coach Todd McLellan says he expects forward Dany Heatley to play in Game 4 on Tuesday night against the Colorado Avalanche.
Heatley was held out of the Sharks’ 1-0 overtime loss Sunday night with an unspecified injury.
Heatley has 1 assist in 2 playoff games so far after scoring 39 goals and 43 assists for 82 points in 82 regular season games this season. He also helped Team Canada win the Gold Medal in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
We’ll let you know if Heatley’s status changes, but it sounds like he should play in a huge game for the Sharks tomorrow night.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 0
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 7
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)