Apr 19, 2010, 5:10 PM EST
It’s quite possible that the shot-happy, low-luck San Jose Sharks missed Dany Heatley last night. Despite putting up a stunning 51 shots, the team was not able to slip one past Colorado Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson. TSN reports that the controversial sniper will probably be back for Game 4.
San Jose coach Todd McLellan says he expects forward Dany Heatley to play in Game 4 on Tuesday night against the Colorado Avalanche.
Heatley was held out of the Sharks’ 1-0 overtime loss Sunday night with an unspecified injury.
Heatley has 1 assist in 2 playoff games so far after scoring 39 goals and 43 assists for 82 points in 82 regular season games this season. He also helped Team Canada win the Gold Medal in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
We’ll let you know if Heatley’s status changes, but it sounds like he should play in a huge game for the Sharks tomorrow night.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 18
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)