Apr 19, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
It’s quite possible that the shot-happy, low-luck San Jose Sharks missed Dany Heatley last night. Despite putting up a stunning 51 shots, the team was not able to slip one past Colorado Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson. TSN reports that the controversial sniper will probably be back for Game 4.
San Jose coach Todd McLellan says he expects forward Dany Heatley to play in Game 4 on Tuesday night against the Colorado Avalanche.
Heatley was held out of the Sharks’ 1-0 overtime loss Sunday night with an unspecified injury.
Heatley has 1 assist in 2 playoff games so far after scoring 39 goals and 43 assists for 82 points in 82 regular season games this season. He also helped Team Canada win the Gold Medal in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
We’ll let you know if Heatley’s status changes, but it sounds like he should play in a huge game for the Sharks tomorrow night.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 17
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)