Apr 19, 2010, 5:10 PM EST
It’s quite possible that the shot-happy, low-luck San Jose Sharks missed Dany Heatley last night. Despite putting up a stunning 51 shots, the team was not able to slip one past Colorado Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson. TSN reports that the controversial sniper will probably be back for Game 4.
San Jose coach Todd McLellan says he expects forward Dany Heatley to play in Game 4 on Tuesday night against the Colorado Avalanche.
Heatley was held out of the Sharks’ 1-0 overtime loss Sunday night with an unspecified injury.
Heatley has 1 assist in 2 playoff games so far after scoring 39 goals and 43 assists for 82 points in 82 regular season games this season. He also helped Team Canada win the Gold Medal in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
We’ll let you know if Heatley’s status changes, but it sounds like he should play in a huge game for the Sharks tomorrow night.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 2
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 2
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)