Apr 19, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
It’s incredible how much things can change in just 20 minutes,
it should never be a surprise when the Washington Capitals are playing.
3: End of 2 – Montreal Canadiens 0, Washington Capitals 4
What happened to the Canadiens in the second period
shows exactly how game-changing a shorthanded goal can be. Boyd Gordon,
with some great individual effort, bangs home a rebound to give the the
Capitals an early 1-0 lead in the second period.
From there, it
all fell apart. Brooks Laich and Eric Fehr scored to chase Jaroslave
Halak, who looked shaken and yes, “rattled”, after the first two goals.
Carey Price came on in relief, and subsequently was rocked by a
monstrous Alex Ovechkin one-timer.
It’s 4-0 now headed into the
2nd intermission, and the game has completely unraveled for the Habs.
The home team lost all emotional control, taking several bad penalties
as well getting hit hard for going after the officials as well. The
Capitals have now outscored the Habs 9-1 since the end of the second
period of game 2.
The crowd is now a bit violent, the Habs have fallen apart and
the Capitals are in complete control. Looking ahead to game 4…….
3: End of 2 – Boston Bruins 1, Buffalo Sabres 1
It’s a bit of a chess match tonight in Boston, with
both goaltenders playing solid and the defenses not allowing much room.
The highlight of the period was a rocking Johnny Boychuk hit on Matt
Ellis; this was a clean one.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)