Apr 19, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
It’s incredible how much things can change in just 20 minutes,
it should never be a surprise when the Washington Capitals are playing.
3: End of 2 – Montreal Canadiens 0, Washington Capitals 4
What happened to the Canadiens in the second period
shows exactly how game-changing a shorthanded goal can be. Boyd Gordon,
with some great individual effort, bangs home a rebound to give the the
Capitals an early 1-0 lead in the second period.
From there, it
all fell apart. Brooks Laich and Eric Fehr scored to chase Jaroslave
Halak, who looked shaken and yes, “rattled”, after the first two goals.
Carey Price came on in relief, and subsequently was rocked by a
monstrous Alex Ovechkin one-timer.
It’s 4-0 now headed into the
2nd intermission, and the game has completely unraveled for the Habs.
The home team lost all emotional control, taking several bad penalties
as well getting hit hard for going after the officials as well. The
Capitals have now outscored the Habs 9-1 since the end of the second
period of game 2.
The crowd is now a bit violent, the Habs have fallen apart and
the Capitals are in complete control. Looking ahead to game 4…….
3: End of 2 – Boston Bruins 1, Buffalo Sabres 1
It’s a bit of a chess match tonight in Boston, with
both goaltenders playing solid and the defenses not allowing much room.
The highlight of the period was a rocking Johnny Boychuk hit on Matt
Ellis; this was a clean one.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 7
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 59
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 4
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 8
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36