Apr 19, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
It’s incredible how much things can change in just 20 minutes,
it should never be a surprise when the Washington Capitals are playing.
3: End of 2 – Montreal Canadiens 0, Washington Capitals 4
What happened to the Canadiens in the second period
shows exactly how game-changing a shorthanded goal can be. Boyd Gordon,
with some great individual effort, bangs home a rebound to give the the
Capitals an early 1-0 lead in the second period.
From there, it
all fell apart. Brooks Laich and Eric Fehr scored to chase Jaroslave
Halak, who looked shaken and yes, “rattled”, after the first two goals.
Carey Price came on in relief, and subsequently was rocked by a
monstrous Alex Ovechkin one-timer.
It’s 4-0 now headed into the
2nd intermission, and the game has completely unraveled for the Habs.
The home team lost all emotional control, taking several bad penalties
as well getting hit hard for going after the officials as well. The
Capitals have now outscored the Habs 9-1 since the end of the second
period of game 2.
The crowd is now a bit violent, the Habs have fallen apart and
the Capitals are in complete control. Looking ahead to game 4…….
3: End of 2 – Boston Bruins 1, Buffalo Sabres 1
It’s a bit of a chess match tonight in Boston, with
both goaltenders playing solid and the defenses not allowing much room.
The highlight of the period was a rocking Johnny Boychuk hit on Matt
Ellis; this was a clean one.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)