Apr 19, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
It’s incredible how much things can change in just 20 minutes,
it should never be a surprise when the Washington Capitals are playing.
3: End of 2 – Montreal Canadiens 0, Washington Capitals 4
What happened to the Canadiens in the second period
shows exactly how game-changing a shorthanded goal can be. Boyd Gordon,
with some great individual effort, bangs home a rebound to give the the
Capitals an early 1-0 lead in the second period.
From there, it
all fell apart. Brooks Laich and Eric Fehr scored to chase Jaroslave
Halak, who looked shaken and yes, “rattled”, after the first two goals.
Carey Price came on in relief, and subsequently was rocked by a
monstrous Alex Ovechkin one-timer.
It’s 4-0 now headed into the
2nd intermission, and the game has completely unraveled for the Habs.
The home team lost all emotional control, taking several bad penalties
as well getting hit hard for going after the officials as well. The
Capitals have now outscored the Habs 9-1 since the end of the second
period of game 2.
The crowd is now a bit violent, the Habs have fallen apart and
the Capitals are in complete control. Looking ahead to game 4…….
3: End of 2 – Boston Bruins 1, Buffalo Sabres 1
It’s a bit of a chess match tonight in Boston, with
both goaltenders playing solid and the defenses not allowing much room.
The highlight of the period was a rocking Johnny Boychuk hit on Matt
Ellis; this was a clean one.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17