Apr 18, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
The Red Wings-Coyotes series has been among the best of the playoffs so far, no doubt about it. NBC is carrying the series’ debut in the Motor City at 3:00 pm ET today. To get you revved up, we’re providing plenty of coverage, a live chat during the game and more. If your appetites are not yet satiated, how about we provide what the rest of the Internet is saying?
What the Coyotes bloggers and newspapers are saying
I discussed “nice guy” Shane Doan earlier, but here’s a few newspaper stories about him. There’s the glowing piece from the Arizona Republic, the Slam! story, Puck Daddy’s “Doan Face” intro and one Detroit-based Doan good guy story just for taste.
How the Coyotes took advantage of their “strong belief system” to make the playoffs.
Finally, Ilya Bryzgalov will not let a rough performance get to his head in Game 3. Allegedly.
What the Red Wings bloggers and newspapers are saying
Winging it in Motown provides a great breakdown of what the Red Wings need to continue to do (and what they need to avoid) to win at home today.
Chris Osgood is apparently handling his “wing man” duties pretty well in Detroit. Also from The Detroit Free Press: after a physical Game 1, the Red Wings responded more forcefully to the Coyotes.
Check out George Malik’s“Sunday Scuttlebutt.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 2
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 0
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 14
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)