Apr 18, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
The Red Wings-Coyotes series has been among the best of the playoffs so far, no doubt about it. NBC is carrying the series’ debut in the Motor City at 3:00 pm ET today. To get you revved up, we’re providing plenty of coverage, a live chat during the game and more. If your appetites are not yet satiated, how about we provide what the rest of the Internet is saying?
What the Coyotes bloggers and newspapers are saying
I discussed “nice guy” Shane Doan earlier, but here’s a few newspaper stories about him. There’s the glowing piece from the Arizona Republic, the Slam! story, Puck Daddy’s “Doan Face” intro and one Detroit-based Doan good guy story just for taste.
How the Coyotes took advantage of their “strong belief system” to make the playoffs.
Finally, Ilya Bryzgalov will not let a rough performance get to his head in Game 3. Allegedly.
What the Red Wings bloggers and newspapers are saying
Winging it in Motown provides a great breakdown of what the Red Wings need to continue to do (and what they need to avoid) to win at home today.
Chris Osgood is apparently handling his “wing man” duties pretty well in Detroit. Also from The Detroit Free Press: after a physical Game 1, the Red Wings responded more forcefully to the Coyotes.
Check out George Malik’s“Sunday Scuttlebutt.”
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 0
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 18
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)