Apr 18, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
The Red Wings-Coyotes series has been among the best of the playoffs so far, no doubt about it. NBC is carrying the series’ debut in the Motor City at 3:00 pm ET today. To get you revved up, we’re providing plenty of coverage, a live chat during the game and more. If your appetites are not yet satiated, how about we provide what the rest of the Internet is saying?
What the Coyotes bloggers and newspapers are saying
I discussed “nice guy” Shane Doan earlier, but here’s a few newspaper stories about him. There’s the glowing piece from the Arizona Republic, the Slam! story, Puck Daddy’s “Doan Face” intro and one Detroit-based Doan good guy story just for taste.
How the Coyotes took advantage of their “strong belief system” to make the playoffs.
Finally, Ilya Bryzgalov will not let a rough performance get to his head in Game 3. Allegedly.
What the Red Wings bloggers and newspapers are saying
Winging it in Motown provides a great breakdown of what the Red Wings need to continue to do (and what they need to avoid) to win at home today.
Chris Osgood is apparently handling his “wing man” duties pretty well in Detroit. Also from The Detroit Free Press: after a physical Game 1, the Red Wings responded more forcefully to the Coyotes.
Check out George Malik’s“Sunday Scuttlebutt.”
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 11
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 28
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)