Apr 18, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
The Red Wings-Coyotes series has been among the best of the playoffs so far, no doubt about it. NBC is carrying the series’ debut in the Motor City at 3:00 pm ET today. To get you revved up, we’re providing plenty of coverage, a live chat during the game and more. If your appetites are not yet satiated, how about we provide what the rest of the Internet is saying?
What the Coyotes bloggers and newspapers are saying
I discussed “nice guy” Shane Doan earlier, but here’s a few newspaper stories about him. There’s the glowing piece from the Arizona Republic, the Slam! story, Puck Daddy’s “Doan Face” intro and one Detroit-based Doan good guy story just for taste.
How the Coyotes took advantage of their “strong belief system” to make the playoffs.
Finally, Ilya Bryzgalov will not let a rough performance get to his head in Game 3. Allegedly.
What the Red Wings bloggers and newspapers are saying
Winging it in Motown provides a great breakdown of what the Red Wings need to continue to do (and what they need to avoid) to win at home today.
Chris Osgood is apparently handling his “wing man” duties pretty well in Detroit. Also from The Detroit Free Press: after a physical Game 1, the Red Wings responded more forcefully to the Coyotes.
Check out George Malik’s“Sunday Scuttlebutt.”
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 4
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 32
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 35
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (54)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)