Apr 18, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
The Red Wings-Coyotes series has been among the best of the playoffs so far, no doubt about it. NBC is carrying the series’ debut in the Motor City at 3:00 pm ET today. To get you revved up, we’re providing plenty of coverage, a live chat during the game and more. If your appetites are not yet satiated, how about we provide what the rest of the Internet is saying?
What the Coyotes bloggers and newspapers are saying
I discussed “nice guy” Shane Doan earlier, but here’s a few newspaper stories about him. There’s the glowing piece from the Arizona Republic, the Slam! story, Puck Daddy’s “Doan Face” intro and one Detroit-based Doan good guy story just for taste.
How the Coyotes took advantage of their “strong belief system” to make the playoffs.
Finally, Ilya Bryzgalov will not let a rough performance get to his head in Game 3. Allegedly.
What the Red Wings bloggers and newspapers are saying
Winging it in Motown provides a great breakdown of what the Red Wings need to continue to do (and what they need to avoid) to win at home today.
Chris Osgood is apparently handling his “wing man” duties pretty well in Detroit. Also from The Detroit Free Press: after a physical Game 1, the Red Wings responded more forcefully to the Coyotes.
Check out George Malik’s“Sunday Scuttlebutt.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5