Apr 18, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
Wow, that was fast.
Last time NBC covered a Red Wings game, you could barely sit down before Chris Osgood allowed a Dan Carcillo goal. This time around, the goalie was Jimmy Howard but that hardly seemed to matter.
Sami Lepisto scored the goal as there was a mad scramble in front of Howard. The 25-year old Calder Trophy candidate scrambled around almost comically before the goal finally found its way into the net.
Who knows if the Red Wings and Coyotes will maintain the craziness from Game 2, but if this start is any indication, the answer is an emphatic “yes.”
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld