Apr 18, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
Wow, that was fast.
Last time NBC covered a Red Wings game, you could barely sit down before Chris Osgood allowed a Dan Carcillo goal. This time around, the goalie was Jimmy Howard but that hardly seemed to matter.
Sami Lepisto scored the goal as there was a mad scramble in front of Howard. The 25-year old Calder Trophy candidate scrambled around almost comically before the goal finally found its way into the net.
Who knows if the Red Wings and Coyotes will maintain the craziness from Game 2, but if this start is any indication, the answer is an emphatic “yes.”
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 4
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (55)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld