Apr 18, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
Wow, that was fast.
Last time NBC covered a Red Wings game, you could barely sit down before Chris Osgood allowed a Dan Carcillo goal. This time around, the goalie was Jimmy Howard but that hardly seemed to matter.
Sami Lepisto scored the goal as there was a mad scramble in front of Howard. The 25-year old Calder Trophy candidate scrambled around almost comically before the goal finally found its way into the net.
Who knows if the Red Wings and Coyotes will maintain the craziness from Game 2, but if this start is any indication, the answer is an emphatic “yes.”
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld