Apr 18, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
Wow, that was fast.
Last time NBC covered a Red Wings game, you could barely sit down before Chris Osgood allowed a Dan Carcillo goal. This time around, the goalie was Jimmy Howard but that hardly seemed to matter.
Sami Lepisto scored the goal as there was a mad scramble in front of Howard. The 25-year old Calder Trophy candidate scrambled around almost comically before the goal finally found its way into the net.
Who knows if the Red Wings and Coyotes will maintain the craziness from Game 2, but if this start is any indication, the answer is an emphatic “yes.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld