Apr 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
Update: Well, apparently the Coyotes could respond. Just as I published the post when it was 3-2, the Coyotes scored another goal. It’s now 4-2 with 7:31 left in a game that finally fits the bizarre profile of its predecessors. Strange series so far …
Now that was a beautiful goal.
Radim Vrbata and Petr Prucha combined for a dazzling goal against a flat Detroit Red Wings team. Prucha bounced a deft past to Vrbata off the boards, right around the blue line and Vrbata sent it back to him for a pretty goal.
This kind of moment reminds you that it’s not just star players who can score amazing goals.
Unfortunately for the Coyotes, it almost seemed like Prucha’s goal made the Red Wings angry. Detroit clearly upped their tempo and the previously quiet Johan Franzen scored a typically high skill goal to cut Phoenix’s lead to 3-2.
There’s a little under 10 minutes left in this game. Can Phoenix hold on against an angry, proud Red Wings club. Flip on NBC if you haven’t already.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)