Apr 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
Update: Well, apparently the Coyotes could respond. Just as I published the post when it was 3-2, the Coyotes scored another goal. It’s now 4-2 with 7:31 left in a game that finally fits the bizarre profile of its predecessors. Strange series so far …
Now that was a beautiful goal.
Radim Vrbata and Petr Prucha combined for a dazzling goal against a flat Detroit Red Wings team. Prucha bounced a deft past to Vrbata off the boards, right around the blue line and Vrbata sent it back to him for a pretty goal.
This kind of moment reminds you that it’s not just star players who can score amazing goals.
Unfortunately for the Coyotes, it almost seemed like Prucha’s goal made the Red Wings angry. Detroit clearly upped their tempo and the previously quiet Johan Franzen scored a typically high skill goal to cut Phoenix’s lead to 3-2.
There’s a little under 10 minutes left in this game. Can Phoenix hold on against an angry, proud Red Wings club. Flip on NBC if you haven’t already.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld