Apr 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
Update: Well, apparently the Coyotes could respond. Just as I published the post when it was 3-2, the Coyotes scored another goal. It’s now 4-2 with 7:31 left in a game that finally fits the bizarre profile of its predecessors. Strange series so far …
Now that was a beautiful goal.
Radim Vrbata and Petr Prucha combined for a dazzling goal against a flat Detroit Red Wings team. Prucha bounced a deft past to Vrbata off the boards, right around the blue line and Vrbata sent it back to him for a pretty goal.
This kind of moment reminds you that it’s not just star players who can score amazing goals.
Unfortunately for the Coyotes, it almost seemed like Prucha’s goal made the Red Wings angry. Detroit clearly upped their tempo and the previously quiet Johan Franzen scored a typically high skill goal to cut Phoenix’s lead to 3-2.
There’s a little under 10 minutes left in this game. Can Phoenix hold on against an angry, proud Red Wings club. Flip on NBC if you haven’t already.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld