Apr 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
Update: Well, apparently the Coyotes could respond. Just as I published the post when it was 3-2, the Coyotes scored another goal. It’s now 4-2 with 7:31 left in a game that finally fits the bizarre profile of its predecessors. Strange series so far …
Now that was a beautiful goal.
Radim Vrbata and Petr Prucha combined for a dazzling goal against a flat Detroit Red Wings team. Prucha bounced a deft past to Vrbata off the boards, right around the blue line and Vrbata sent it back to him for a pretty goal.
This kind of moment reminds you that it’s not just star players who can score amazing goals.
Unfortunately for the Coyotes, it almost seemed like Prucha’s goal made the Red Wings angry. Detroit clearly upped their tempo and the previously quiet Johan Franzen scored a typically high skill goal to cut Phoenix’s lead to 3-2.
There’s a little under 10 minutes left in this game. Can Phoenix hold on against an angry, proud Red Wings club. Flip on NBC if you haven’t already.
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 8
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 20
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 10
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 64
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 23
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld