Apr 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
Update: Well, apparently the Coyotes could respond. Just as I published the post when it was 3-2, the Coyotes scored another goal. It’s now 4-2 with 7:31 left in a game that finally fits the bizarre profile of its predecessors. Strange series so far …
Now that was a beautiful goal.
Radim Vrbata and Petr Prucha combined for a dazzling goal against a flat Detroit Red Wings team. Prucha bounced a deft past to Vrbata off the boards, right around the blue line and Vrbata sent it back to him for a pretty goal.
This kind of moment reminds you that it’s not just star players who can score amazing goals.
Unfortunately for the Coyotes, it almost seemed like Prucha’s goal made the Red Wings angry. Detroit clearly upped their tempo and the previously quiet Johan Franzen scored a typically high skill goal to cut Phoenix’s lead to 3-2.
There’s a little under 10 minutes left in this game. Can Phoenix hold on against an angry, proud Red Wings club. Flip on NBC if you haven’t already.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 16
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld