NBC Playoffs Chat: Coyotes-Red Wings Game 3

Apr 18, 2010, 5:27 PM EST

Today marks the second day of our first weekend of playoff coverage at NBC. Sunday’s game is a tilt between the Phoenix Coyotes and the Detroit Red Wings at 3:00 PM ET. Feel free to jump into our live chat starting … now! We’ll take you through the entire game and Pro Hockey Talk will cover the other games as well.

Also, don’t forget to check out our great coverage of the two teams from the last week. Click away and chat away.

What they’re saying about Phoenix-Detroit
All about Shane Doan
Will these be the final days of Nicklas Lidstrom and Tomas Holmstrom as Red Wings, NHL players?
Video from Game 2
Dave Tippett back in the playoffs with Phoenix
Glendale approves Reinsdorf’s plan
Coyotes embrace underdog status
All about #ThrowTheSnake
Reactions to Holmstrom “rumor”
Jimmy Howard lucky to have Chris Osgood behind him

1. Sharks Scout - Apr 18, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I just tuned into the broadcast, what was the delay with the game?

2. Tom Fregoe - Apr 18, 2010 at 4:01 PM

I love Mike Emeric and feel he is one of the, if not the, best hockey announcers in the game, however he was mistaken when he just stated that Jimmy Howard hails from Syracuse, NY. Jimmy Howard is from a little city about three hours north of Syracuse, in Ogdensburg NY, not far from Massena NY, the hockey capital of the North Country.
    Thanks

3. Red Wing Fan - Apr 18, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I am tired of the obvious, one sided comments, from one of the announcers. I’m not sure which one it is, but it takes away from my enjoyment of the game. His opinions should be kept to himself.

4. Red Wing Fan To! - Apr 18, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Thought it was just me…….They S*** big time. No wonder I never watch many sporting events on NBC…..

5. susan - Apr 18, 2010 at 5:45 PM

If NBC wants to get viewers to watch NHL hockey then they better get someone who can do play-by-play. I watch with the sound off because I can’t stand the mindless chatter of the announcers during the entire game. If they want to talk do it between periods or get a talk show. No one will ever learn to enjoy hockey if they are talking constantly about everything except the game. Wake up NBC.

Holiday wish lists for NHL teams
Top 10 NHL Player Searches