Apr 18, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
With the series headed back to Montreal tied a one apiece, the Habs
could be getting a valuable injection of veteran experience as Glen
Metropolit prepares to return from a shoulder injury.
old forward practiced hard today, and there’s a chance he could return
for tomorrow’s game 3.
“I feel good,” he told the media today. “I
might be ready to go, but I’ve got to get
clearance.” If he does return, it would be two weeks ahead of he
schedule the team originally reported for his possible return.
isn’t known as a dynamic goal scorer (he had a career-high 15 this
season), but he is a valuable asset on the power play and provides some
need veteran presence on a team that could be reeling after blowing a
4-1 lead against the Caps on Saturday.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)