Apr 18, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
With the series headed back to Montreal tied a one apiece, the Habs
could be getting a valuable injection of veteran experience as Glen
Metropolit prepares to return from a shoulder injury.
old forward practiced hard today, and there’s a chance he could return
for tomorrow’s game 3.
“I feel good,” he told the media today. “I
might be ready to go, but I’ve got to get
clearance.” If he does return, it would be two weeks ahead of he
schedule the team originally reported for his possible return.
isn’t known as a dynamic goal scorer (he had a career-high 15 this
season), but he is a valuable asset on the power play and provides some
need veteran presence on a team that could be reeling after blowing a
4-1 lead against the Caps on Saturday.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63