Apr 18, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
With the series headed back to Montreal tied a one apiece, the Habs
could be getting a valuable injection of veteran experience as Glen
Metropolit prepares to return from a shoulder injury.
old forward practiced hard today, and there’s a chance he could return
for tomorrow’s game 3.
“I feel good,” he told the media today. “I
might be ready to go, but I’ve got to get
clearance.” If he does return, it would be two weeks ahead of he
schedule the team originally reported for his possible return.
isn’t known as a dynamic goal scorer (he had a career-high 15 this
season), but he is a valuable asset on the power play and provides some
need veteran presence on a team that could be reeling after blowing a
4-1 lead against the Caps on Saturday.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)