Apr 18, 2010, 10:00 PM EST
With the series headed back to Montreal tied a one apiece, the Habs
could be getting a valuable injection of veteran experience as Glen
Metropolit prepares to return from a shoulder injury.
old forward practiced hard today, and there’s a chance he could return
for tomorrow’s game 3.
“I feel good,” he told the media today. “I
might be ready to go, but I’ve got to get
clearance.” If he does return, it would be two weeks ahead of he
schedule the team originally reported for his possible return.
isn’t known as a dynamic goal scorer (he had a career-high 15 this
season), but he is a valuable asset on the power play and provides some
need veteran presence on a team that could be reeling after blowing a
4-1 lead against the Caps on Saturday.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 111
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 94
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 105
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (125)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (110)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (105)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (94)