Apr 18, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
With the series headed back to Montreal tied a one apiece, the Habs
could be getting a valuable injection of veteran experience as Glen
Metropolit prepares to return from a shoulder injury.
old forward practiced hard today, and there’s a chance he could return
for tomorrow’s game 3.
“I feel good,” he told the media today. “I
might be ready to go, but I’ve got to get
clearance.” If he does return, it would be two weeks ahead of he
schedule the team originally reported for his possible return.
isn’t known as a dynamic goal scorer (he had a career-high 15 this
season), but he is a valuable asset on the power play and provides some
need veteran presence on a team that could be reeling after blowing a
4-1 lead against the Caps on Saturday.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15