Apr 18, 2010, 4:32 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins could potentially be without defenseman Jordan Leopold for a significant amount of time, as it was reported today that Leopold had not made the trip to Ottawa and would not be available for game 4 on Tuesday night between the Penguins and Senators.
He’s still being evaluated for his concussion, which is never a good sign a few days after the initial injury.
Leopold was quickly becoming one of the more consistent defenseman for the Penguins and with the NHL working hard to ensure players are 100% before returning there’s a good chance he’s out for the playoffs.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 18
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)