Apr 18, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
The Red Wings have certainly responded after the opening-minute goal by the Coyotes, and have been placing to steadily increasing pressure on the Coyotes as the first period has progressed. It paid off when Valterri Filppula snuck a rebound shot short side on Bryzgalov on the power play.
Ilya Bryzgalov has looked a bit shaky in net, fighting off pucks and getting lucky with rebounds. The Coyotes have yet to see the same chances and pressure they enjoyed on the first goal, as they’ve struggled to establish their forecheck.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35