Apr 18, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
The Red Wings have certainly responded after the opening-minute goal by the Coyotes, and have been placing to steadily increasing pressure on the Coyotes as the first period has progressed. It paid off when Valterri Filppula snuck a rebound shot short side on Bryzgalov on the power play.
Ilya Bryzgalov has looked a bit shaky in net, fighting off pucks and getting lucky with rebounds. The Coyotes have yet to see the same chances and pressure they enjoyed on the first goal, as they’ve struggled to establish their forecheck.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39