Apr 18, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
The Red Wings have certainly responded after the opening-minute goal by the Coyotes, and have been placing to steadily increasing pressure on the Coyotes as the first period has progressed. It paid off when Valterri Filppula snuck a rebound shot short side on Bryzgalov on the power play.
Ilya Bryzgalov has looked a bit shaky in net, fighting off pucks and getting lucky with rebounds. The Coyotes have yet to see the same chances and pressure they enjoyed on the first goal, as they’ve struggled to establish their forecheck.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires