Apr 18, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
I love nearly everything there is when it comes to playoff hockey.
Nearly. What I don’t love, and what has frustrated me for years, is the
lack of disclosure when it comes to injuries. It’s not changing anytime
soon, so no use crying now.
As it is, it’s being reported that
Dany Heatley will miss tonight’s Sharks game against the Avalanche with
an “undisclosed injury”, and is listed as day to day.
It’s a tough
blow for the Sharks, as they lose one of their leading scorers in a big
game on the road against Colorado. The series is tied 1-1, with the
Sharks hoping to finally erase questions about their postseason ability.
Update: Hockey Night in Canada showed Heatley having trouble in last game pushing off as he skated after a collision with an Avs player. Reports are that Heatley was limping badly today, so it’s looking like a ‘lower body injury’. Still listed as ‘day to day’.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25