Apr 18, 2010, 9:15 PM EST
I love nearly everything there is when it comes to playoff hockey.
Nearly. What I don’t love, and what has frustrated me for years, is the
lack of disclosure when it comes to injuries. It’s not changing anytime
soon, so no use crying now.
As it is, it’s being reported that
Dany Heatley will miss tonight’s Sharks game against the Avalanche with
an “undisclosed injury”, and is listed as day to day.
It’s a tough
blow for the Sharks, as they lose one of their leading scorers in a big
game on the road against Colorado. The series is tied 1-1, with the
Sharks hoping to finally erase questions about their postseason ability.
Update: Hockey Night in Canada showed Heatley having trouble in last game pushing off as he skated after a collision with an Avs player. Reports are that Heatley was limping badly today, so it’s looking like a ‘lower body injury’. Still listed as ‘day to day’.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 20
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 9
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 12
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 9
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4