Apr 18, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
I love nearly everything there is when it comes to playoff hockey.
Nearly. What I don’t love, and what has frustrated me for years, is the
lack of disclosure when it comes to injuries. It’s not changing anytime
soon, so no use crying now.
As it is, it’s being reported that
Dany Heatley will miss tonight’s Sharks game against the Avalanche with
an “undisclosed injury”, and is listed as day to day.
It’s a tough
blow for the Sharks, as they lose one of their leading scorers in a big
game on the road against Colorado. The series is tied 1-1, with the
Sharks hoping to finally erase questions about their postseason ability.
Update: Hockey Night in Canada showed Heatley having trouble in last game pushing off as he skated after a collision with an Avs player. Reports are that Heatley was limping badly today, so it’s looking like a ‘lower body injury’. Still listed as ‘day to day’.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)