Apr 18, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
I love nearly everything there is when it comes to playoff hockey.
Nearly. What I don’t love, and what has frustrated me for years, is the
lack of disclosure when it comes to injuries. It’s not changing anytime
soon, so no use crying now.
As it is, it’s being reported that
Dany Heatley will miss tonight’s Sharks game against the Avalanche with
an “undisclosed injury”, and is listed as day to day.
It’s a tough
blow for the Sharks, as they lose one of their leading scorers in a big
game on the road against Colorado. The series is tied 1-1, with the
Sharks hoping to finally erase questions about their postseason ability.
Update: Hockey Night in Canada showed Heatley having trouble in last game pushing off as he skated after a collision with an Avs player. Reports are that Heatley was limping badly today, so it’s looking like a ‘lower body injury’. Still listed as ‘day to day’.
- Carolina is ‘concerned’ about Jordan Staal, who was helped off the ice 1
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)