Apr 18, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
I love nearly everything there is when it comes to playoff hockey.
Nearly. What I don’t love, and what has frustrated me for years, is the
lack of disclosure when it comes to injuries. It’s not changing anytime
soon, so no use crying now.
As it is, it’s being reported that
Dany Heatley will miss tonight’s Sharks game against the Avalanche with
an “undisclosed injury”, and is listed as day to day.
It’s a tough
blow for the Sharks, as they lose one of their leading scorers in a big
game on the road against Colorado. The series is tied 1-1, with the
Sharks hoping to finally erase questions about their postseason ability.
Update: Hockey Night in Canada showed Heatley having trouble in last game pushing off as he skated after a collision with an Avs player. Reports are that Heatley was limping badly today, so it’s looking like a ‘lower body injury’. Still listed as ‘day to day’.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5