Apr 18, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
I don’t know if it’s a speed disadvantage, an afternoon of sleepy defense or some other malady, but any pretense of Phoenix not belonging with the Red Wings can be dropped. They took a 2-1 lead in the series and regained home ice advantage as well.
Both Ilya Bryzgalov and Jimmy Howard made 29 saves in the game, although Howard might hear a little bit more about his performance since Cup-winning goalie Chris Osgood is his big-named backup. Is that fair? Not really, but how often are goalie controversies steeped in logic rather than desperation?
Petr Prucha and Radim Vrbata each had a goal and an assist in the game while Wojtek Wolski added a nice backhand goal for the Coyotes. Valtteri Filppula and Johan Franzen scored a goal each for the Red Wings. Detroit must now win three out of four games against a hungry Coyotes team.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50