Apr 18, 2010, 8:15 PM EDT
We’ll be doing our best to update you on all of tonight’s action.
The only downside of playoff hockey, especially in the first round,
is that there is inevitably going to be multiple games on at the same
time. This makes watching all the games a bit difficult, and tonight is
no exception. As such, I have not been able to watch as much as the New
Jersey and Philadelphia game as I’d like to so I apologize if my updates
for some games are a bit brief.
Game 3: End of 2:
Philadelphia Flyers 2, New Jersey Devils 2
This has been a penalty filled contest, with
Philadelphia being hit eight times already to just three for the Devils.
The game opened up a bit in the second period as the Devils put the
pressure back on the Flyers after going down 2-1 early in the period.
Brian Rolston has two goals for the Devils, with Ilya Kovalchuk picking
up his 3rd and 4th assists of the playoffs. I’ve seen some of the calls,
but judging by what I’ve seen on Twitter it’s been one horribly
Game 3: End of 2: Ottawa Senators 1,
Pittsburgh Penguins 3
Series tied 1-1
have gotten chippy in Ottawa, as the Senators have amped up the pressure
in the second period and the hits are coming at a much greater
frequency. Evgeni Malkin finished up a horrible defensive shift with a
goal off the rush in the other direction. The Senators’ Chris Neil was
penalized for charging on a big hit on Malkin, Jarko Ruutu was given a
misconduct, followed shortly by a Matt Cooke boarding call. Shots are
now 13-13 after a snoozefest of a first period.
Just as I was getting ready to publish, Sidney Crosby gives the Penguins a 3-1 lead off an incredible individual effort and he takes the puck off the boards and straight to the net, scorching the puck over a sprawling Brian Elliot.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 0
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 5
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47