Apr 17, 2010, 1:23 PM EDT
Normally, I don’t like goalie jeering chants, but you can’t really beat “Tuuu-kaaa” for Tuukka Rask.
The mockery started early this afternoon as a Tyler Myers slapper took a funny bounce (it looked like it deflected off of Boston Bruins’ forward Steve Begin) and skipped past the Finnish goalie to give the Sabres a 1-0 lead early in the first period.
Considering how hard goals are to come by for Boston (and how amazing Ryan Miller was in Game 1) this could be quite the slog for the B’s. Then again, it’s only one goal, so a lot can happen. We’ll keep you updated as this game goes along.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 2
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 17
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)