Apr 17, 2010, 2:47 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres needed someone to respond and Jason Pominville ended up being that player.
Milan Lucic coughed up a bad turnover and a perfect pass was sent to Pominville, who roofed the puck over a helpless Tuukka Rask. Just a beautiful shot by the underrated winger. He’s been on a hot streak right now and Derek Roy is also having a great game.
Daniel Paille just lobotomized Tyler Myers with a great move, but Ryan Miller was up to the task with a fantastic save.
The second period ended with a bang and we hope to see even more action. Then again, the Sabres are 31-0-0 in these situations, so it will take a fantastic effort from the Bruins if they hope to go back to Boston with the series tied 1-1.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (89)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld