Apr 17, 2010, 2:47 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres needed someone to respond and Jason Pominville ended up being that player.
Milan Lucic coughed up a bad turnover and a perfect pass was sent to Pominville, who roofed the puck over a helpless Tuukka Rask. Just a beautiful shot by the underrated winger. He’s been on a hot streak right now and Derek Roy is also having a great game.
Daniel Paille just lobotomized Tyler Myers with a great move, but Ryan Miller was up to the task with a fantastic save.
The second period ended with a bang and we hope to see even more action. Then again, the Sabres are 31-0-0 in these situations, so it will take a fantastic effort from the Bruins if they hope to go back to Boston with the series tied 1-1.
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 5
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 2
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld