Apr 17, 2010, 2:47 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres needed someone to respond and Jason Pominville ended up being that player.
Milan Lucic coughed up a bad turnover and a perfect pass was sent to Pominville, who roofed the puck over a helpless Tuukka Rask. Just a beautiful shot by the underrated winger. He’s been on a hot streak right now and Derek Roy is also having a great game.
Daniel Paille just lobotomized Tyler Myers with a great move, but Ryan Miller was up to the task with a fantastic save.
The second period ended with a bang and we hope to see even more action. Then again, the Sabres are 31-0-0 in these situations, so it will take a fantastic effort from the Bruins if they hope to go back to Boston with the series tied 1-1.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 0
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 13
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld