Apr 17, 2010, 2:47 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres needed someone to respond and Jason Pominville ended up being that player.
Milan Lucic coughed up a bad turnover and a perfect pass was sent to Pominville, who roofed the puck over a helpless Tuukka Rask. Just a beautiful shot by the underrated winger. He’s been on a hot streak right now and Derek Roy is also having a great game.
Daniel Paille just lobotomized Tyler Myers with a great move, but Ryan Miller was up to the task with a fantastic save.
The second period ended with a bang and we hope to see even more action. Then again, the Sabres are 31-0-0 in these situations, so it will take a fantastic effort from the Bruins if they hope to go back to Boston with the series tied 1-1.
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 19
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 17
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 17
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 13
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 30
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld