Apr 17, 2010, 9:40 PM EDT
John Carlson is well on his way to being a playoff hero for the
Capitals — I’m going to go ahead and put him in that category.
Carlson’s goal on a delayed penalty with 1:22 remaining put that cap on
furious third period comeback by the Capitals, in which they were able
to finally tie the game only to see Tomas Plekanec put the Habs right
back ahead once more.
We’ll be headed to overtime in Washington
for the second straight game, and while Carlson has the big late minute
goal its the amped up performance by Alex Ovechkin that has made the
difference. He played much more aggressive, much more sure of himself
and made one incredible pass to initially tie the game at 4-4. He
suddenly has four points in the game, six shots and he’s showing the
emotion this team needed him to have.
Not to pass over Andrei
Kostitsyn, who has a hat trick and four points for the Canadiens, who
have taken advantage of some absolutely horrendous defensive play by
Mike Green and Jeff Schultz.
What has to be concerning for the
Canadiens is how Jaroslav Halak suddenly looks very beatable, as he’s
grown increasingly uncomfortable with the traffic in front that the
Capitals are creating.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)