Apr 17, 2010, 9:40 PM EST
John Carlson is well on his way to being a playoff hero for the
Capitals – I’m going to go ahead and put him in that category.
Carlson’s goal on a delayed penalty with 1:22 remaining put that cap on
furious third period comeback by the Capitals, in which they were able
to finally tie the game only to see Tomas Plekanec put the Habs right
back ahead once more.
We’ll be headed to overtime in Washington
for the second straight game, and while Carlson has the big late minute
goal its the amped up performance by Alex Ovechkin that has made the
difference. He played much more aggressive, much more sure of himself
and made one incredible pass to initially tie the game at 4-4. He
suddenly has four points in the game, six shots and he’s showing the
emotion this team needed him to have.
Not to pass over Andrei
Kostitsyn, who has a hat trick and four points for the Canadiens, who
have taken advantage of some absolutely horrendous defensive play by
Mike Green and Jeff Schultz.
What has to be concerning for the
Canadiens is how Jaroslav Halak suddenly looks very beatable, as he’s
grown increasingly uncomfortable with the traffic in front that the
Capitals are creating.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 44
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)