Apr 17, 2010, 9:40 PM EDT
John Carlson is well on his way to being a playoff hero for the
Capitals — I’m going to go ahead and put him in that category.
Carlson’s goal on a delayed penalty with 1:22 remaining put that cap on
furious third period comeback by the Capitals, in which they were able
to finally tie the game only to see Tomas Plekanec put the Habs right
back ahead once more.
We’ll be headed to overtime in Washington
for the second straight game, and while Carlson has the big late minute
goal its the amped up performance by Alex Ovechkin that has made the
difference. He played much more aggressive, much more sure of himself
and made one incredible pass to initially tie the game at 4-4. He
suddenly has four points in the game, six shots and he’s showing the
emotion this team needed him to have.
Not to pass over Andrei
Kostitsyn, who has a hat trick and four points for the Canadiens, who
have taken advantage of some absolutely horrendous defensive play by
Mike Green and Jeff Schultz.
What has to be concerning for the
Canadiens is how Jaroslav Halak suddenly looks very beatable, as he’s
grown increasingly uncomfortable with the traffic in front that the
Capitals are creating.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)