Apr 17, 2010, 9:40 PM EST
John Carlson is well on his way to being a playoff hero for the
Capitals — I’m going to go ahead and put him in that category.
Carlson’s goal on a delayed penalty with 1:22 remaining put that cap on
furious third period comeback by the Capitals, in which they were able
to finally tie the game only to see Tomas Plekanec put the Habs right
back ahead once more.
We’ll be headed to overtime in Washington
for the second straight game, and while Carlson has the big late minute
goal its the amped up performance by Alex Ovechkin that has made the
difference. He played much more aggressive, much more sure of himself
and made one incredible pass to initially tie the game at 4-4. He
suddenly has four points in the game, six shots and he’s showing the
emotion this team needed him to have.
Not to pass over Andrei
Kostitsyn, who has a hat trick and four points for the Canadiens, who
have taken advantage of some absolutely horrendous defensive play by
Mike Green and Jeff Schultz.
What has to be concerning for the
Canadiens is how Jaroslav Halak suddenly looks very beatable, as he’s
grown increasingly uncomfortable with the traffic in front that the
Capitals are creating.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)