Apr 17, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Scoreboard watchers probably assume that the Nashville Predators blew the doors off of the United Center last night, being that the final score was 4-1. Naturally, people who actually saw the game will note that two empty net goals masked what was a tight one goal game.
While Antti Niemi allowed a backbreaking soft goal, Pekka Rinne was a rock in net for the underrated Nashville Predators. He made 25 saves on 26 shots, including this absolute beauty on a clever move by Blackhawks forward Patrick Sharp.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 10
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 14
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 12
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5