Apr 17, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Scoreboard watchers probably assume that the Nashville Predators blew the doors off of the United Center last night, being that the final score was 4-1. Naturally, people who actually saw the game will note that two empty net goals masked what was a tight one goal game.
While Antti Niemi allowed a backbreaking soft goal, Pekka Rinne was a rock in net for the underrated Nashville Predators. He made 25 saves on 26 shots, including this absolute beauty on a clever move by Blackhawks forward Patrick Sharp.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2