Apr 16, 2010, 11:05 AM EST
If there’s one defenseman in the NHL who can identify with literally
towering over the competition, it’s the 6-foot-9 Zdeno Chara. So of
course he’s going to be asked about the large defenseman on the other
side of the ice from him in the first round series against the Sabres.
of course Chara, who wasn’t exactly known for this skating ability when
he first came to the NHL, would
focus on just how great Tyler Myers looks on the ice.
his age, I was nowhere near his performance. I probably got better
later on. For a guy being a first-year guy to earn a spot on the team
and doing so well, that’s impressive.”
that skating was never a problem for him, but that he has certainly used
Chara as a measuring tool for how to approach the game over the past
few years. While the two players are certainly similar in their
extraordinary height and skill on the ice, they are two very different
players. Chara is not only tall, but stocky as well, the largest player
in the NHL.
Myers, while tall and with a long reach, is just
lanky. In fact, it’s amazing he has the skating skill and balance that
he does, without just being toppled over by stronger players. Myers also
claims that Chara is meaner than him, although Johnny Boychuk of the
Bruins may have something to say about that.
Turns out Myers laid
into Boychuck with a bit of late hit to the head last night, that
left him a bit woozy.
“Didn’t see him coming, and
I didn’t have the puck,” said Boychuk, who
was slow to get up after the hit. “Shot to the head, side of the jaw.”
so innocent now, are we?
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 5
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 7
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)