Apr 16, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
If there’s one defenseman in the NHL who can identify with literally
towering over the competition, it’s the 6-foot-9 Zdeno Chara. So of
course he’s going to be asked about the large defenseman on the other
side of the ice from him in the first round series against the Sabres.
of course Chara, who wasn’t exactly known for this skating ability when
he first came to the NHL, would
focus on just how great Tyler Myers looks on the ice.
his age, I was nowhere near his performance. I probably got better
later on. For a guy being a first-year guy to earn a spot on the team
and doing so well, that’s impressive.”
that skating was never a problem for him, but that he has certainly used
Chara as a measuring tool for how to approach the game over the past
few years. While the two players are certainly similar in their
extraordinary height and skill on the ice, they are two very different
players. Chara is not only tall, but stocky as well, the largest player
in the NHL.
Myers, while tall and with a long reach, is just
lanky. In fact, it’s amazing he has the skating skill and balance that
he does, without just being toppled over by stronger players. Myers also
claims that Chara is meaner than him, although Johnny Boychuk of the
Bruins may have something to say about that.
Turns out Myers laid
into Boychuck with a bit of late hit to the head last night, that
left him a bit woozy.
“Didn’t see him coming, and
I didn’t have the puck,” said Boychuk, who
was slow to get up after the hit. “Shot to the head, side of the jaw.”
so innocent now, are we?
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 62
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)