Apr 16, 2010, 11:20 AM EST
Per ESPNChicago.com, Willis Tower (formerly known as Sears Tower) will be illuminated red each night the Blackhawks have a game in the playoffs.
My first thought, was how were they going to light up the entire tower red? Put red lights in every 1,527,891,498 window?
Turns out, that starting tonight, it’s the two antennas on top of the tower that will be glowing red. Which is sort of disappointing.
I was hoping that in the year of whiteouts, redouts and green men, we’d get the tallest Skyscraper in the United States to ominously start glowing red.
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 0
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5