Apr 16, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
Per ESPNChicago.com, Willis Tower (formerly known as Sears Tower) will be illuminated red each night the Blackhawks have a game in the playoffs.
My first thought, was how were they going to light up the entire tower red? Put red lights in every 1,527,891,498 window?
Turns out, that starting tonight, it’s the two antennas on top of the tower that will be glowing red. Which is sort of disappointing.
I was hoping that in the year of whiteouts, redouts and green men, we’d get the tallest Skyscraper in the United States to ominously start glowing red.
- Report: Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 0
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 20
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 29
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24