Apr 16, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
Per ESPNChicago.com, Willis Tower (formerly known as Sears Tower) will be illuminated red each night the Blackhawks have a game in the playoffs.
My first thought, was how were they going to light up the entire tower red? Put red lights in every 1,527,891,498 window?
Turns out, that starting tonight, it’s the two antennas on top of the tower that will be glowing red. Which is sort of disappointing.
I was hoping that in the year of whiteouts, redouts and green men, we’d get the tallest Skyscraper in the United States to ominously start glowing red.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)