Apr 16, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
Per ESPNChicago.com, Willis Tower (formerly known as Sears Tower) will be illuminated red each night the Blackhawks have a game in the playoffs.
My first thought, was how were they going to light up the entire tower red? Put red lights in every 1,527,891,498 window?
Turns out, that starting tonight, it’s the two antennas on top of the tower that will be glowing red. Which is sort of disappointing.
I was hoping that in the year of whiteouts, redouts and green men, we’d get the tallest Skyscraper in the United States to ominously start glowing red.
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 0
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Datsyuk, Mrazek powers Red Wings past Lightning in Game 1 30