Apr 16, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
Per ESPNChicago.com, Willis Tower (formerly known as Sears Tower) will be illuminated red each night the Blackhawks have a game in the playoffs.
My first thought, was how were they going to light up the entire tower red? Put red lights in every 1,527,891,498 window?
Turns out, that starting tonight, it’s the two antennas on top of the tower that will be glowing red. Which is sort of disappointing.
I was hoping that in the year of whiteouts, redouts and green men, we’d get the tallest Skyscraper in the United States to ominously start glowing red.
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 0
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 0
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 56
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)