Apr 16, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
Per ESPNChicago.com, Willis Tower (formerly known as Sears Tower) will be illuminated red each night the Blackhawks have a game in the playoffs.
My first thought, was how were they going to light up the entire tower red? Put red lights in every 1,527,891,498 window?
Turns out, that starting tonight, it’s the two antennas on top of the tower that will be glowing red. Which is sort of disappointing.
I was hoping that in the year of whiteouts, redouts and green men, we’d get the tallest Skyscraper in the United States to ominously start glowing red.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 0
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 7
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 18
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20