Apr 16, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Great news today for the Nashville Predators and Blake Geoffrion, as
the team as has the Hobey Baker award winner to an entry level contract.
will immediately join the Predators’ AHL team, the Milwaukee Admirals,
as they take on the Chicago Wolves.
Preds on the Glass notes, Geoffrion is a local prospect and as soon
as he suits up for the Predators will be the first player from
Tennessee to play in the NHL.
With the Predators perhaps in need
of some extra goal scoring against the Blackhawks, it’s a shame he can’t
start right away in the NHL. Although I’d guess that going from college
hockey to the NHL playoffs might be too much.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)