Apr 16, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Great news today for the Nashville Predators and Blake Geoffrion, as
the team as has the Hobey Baker award winner to an entry level contract.
will immediately join the Predators’ AHL team, the Milwaukee Admirals,
as they take on the Chicago Wolves.
Preds on the Glass notes, Geoffrion is a local prospect and as soon
as he suits up for the Predators will be the first player from
Tennessee to play in the NHL.
With the Predators perhaps in need
of some extra goal scoring against the Blackhawks, it’s a shame he can’t
start right away in the NHL. Although I’d guess that going from college
hockey to the NHL playoffs might be too much.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)