Apr 16, 2010, 12:45 PM EST
Great news today for the Nashville Predators and Blake Geoffrion, as
the team as has the Hobey Baker award winner to an entry level contract.
will immediately join the Predators’ AHL team, the Milwaukee Admirals,
as they take on the Chicago Wolves.
Preds on the Glass notes, Geoffrion is a local prospect and as soon
as he suits up for the Predators will be the first player from
Tennessee to play in the NHL.
With the Predators perhaps in need
of some extra goal scoring against the Blackhawks, it’s a shame he can’t
start right away in the NHL. Although I’d guess that going from college
hockey to the NHL playoffs might be too much.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 12
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 104
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (104)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)