Apr 16, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Great news today for the Nashville Predators and Blake Geoffrion, as
the team as has the Hobey Baker award winner to an entry level contract.
will immediately join the Predators’ AHL team, the Milwaukee Admirals,
as they take on the Chicago Wolves.
Preds on the Glass notes, Geoffrion is a local prospect and as soon
as he suits up for the Predators will be the first player from
Tennessee to play in the NHL.
With the Predators perhaps in need
of some extra goal scoring against the Blackhawks, it’s a shame he can’t
start right away in the NHL. Although I’d guess that going from college
hockey to the NHL playoffs might be too much.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 5
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 14
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)