Apr 16, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Great news today for the Nashville Predators and Blake Geoffrion, as
the team as has the Hobey Baker award winner to an entry level contract.
will immediately join the Predators’ AHL team, the Milwaukee Admirals,
as they take on the Chicago Wolves.
Preds on the Glass notes, Geoffrion is a local prospect and as soon
as he suits up for the Predators will be the first player from
Tennessee to play in the NHL.
With the Predators perhaps in need
of some extra goal scoring against the Blackhawks, it’s a shame he can’t
start right away in the NHL. Although I’d guess that going from college
hockey to the NHL playoffs might be too much.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)