Apr 16, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
It seems that perhaps claims of empty seats and quiet Devils fans
weren’t exactly unfounded. While having blogger Travis Hughes claim so
is one thing (although I must note that Travis has as much integrity as
any print journalist working), when it’s harped upon by a ‘legitimate’
hockey columnist it carries a bit more weight.
As someone who sits in the building
for these Flyers-Devils games, I
think I can speak on this subject with some authority.
atmosphere at the Rock stinks.
It’s depressing, for the sport of
hockey, to have a playoff game with a bevy of unoccupied seats.
words, but as we noted earlier today there’s truth behind them. For
those of us watching on television, there certainly seemed to be a lack
of atmosphere in the Prudential Center, and the Devils played like a
team that was just as unmotivated as the fans.
Perhaps its the
high expectations that fans have for the team, or the disappointing
first round exits the past few seasons. Whatever the case, the Devils
need to find some way to be inspired; it doesn’t look like the fans will
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)