Apr 16, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
It seems that perhaps claims of empty seats and quiet Devils fans
weren’t exactly unfounded. While having blogger Travis Hughes claim so
is one thing (although I must note that Travis has as much integrity as
any print journalist working), when it’s harped upon by a ‘legitimate’
hockey columnist it carries a bit more weight.
As someone who sits in the building
for these Flyers-Devils games, I
think I can speak on this subject with some authority.
atmosphere at the Rock stinks.
It’s depressing, for the sport of
hockey, to have a playoff game with a bevy of unoccupied seats.
words, but as we noted earlier today there’s truth behind them. For
those of us watching on television, there certainly seemed to be a lack
of atmosphere in the Prudential Center, and the Devils played like a
team that was just as unmotivated as the fans.
Perhaps its the
high expectations that fans have for the team, or the disappointing
first round exits the past few seasons. Whatever the case, the Devils
need to find some way to be inspired; it doesn’t look like the fans will
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 9
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)