Apr 16, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
It seems that perhaps claims of empty seats and quiet Devils fans
weren’t exactly unfounded. While having blogger Travis Hughes claim so
is one thing (although I must note that Travis has as much integrity as
any print journalist working), when it’s harped upon by a ‘legitimate’
hockey columnist it carries a bit more weight.
As someone who sits in the building
for these Flyers-Devils games, I
think I can speak on this subject with some authority.
atmosphere at the Rock stinks.
It’s depressing, for the sport of
hockey, to have a playoff game with a bevy of unoccupied seats.
words, but as we noted earlier today there’s truth behind them. For
those of us watching on television, there certainly seemed to be a lack
of atmosphere in the Prudential Center, and the Devils played like a
team that was just as unmotivated as the fans.
Perhaps its the
high expectations that fans have for the team, or the disappointing
first round exits the past few seasons. Whatever the case, the Devils
need to find some way to be inspired; it doesn’t look like the fans will
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)