Apr 16, 2010, 10:36 PM EDT
It’s becoming a night of equalizers as the Devils were able to bounce back after a tough-going effort in Game 1 against the Flyers to knot the series up at 1-1 after knocking off the Flyers 5-3 thanks to the efforts of Zach Parise and Dainius Zubrus.
Parise got the shot away and it was Zubrus who got a stick on it to help tip it past Flyers goaltender Brian Boucher (28 saves) to put New Jersey up to stay with 4:04 left in the third period. Ilya Kovalchuk would score the empty net goal to provide the final outcome. For Kovalchuk, it’s his first win in the playoffs after going out in four straight as a member of the Thrashers against the Rangers in 2007 and the Devils Game 1 loss this year.
Devils goalie Martin Brodeur stopped 26 shots in earning the victory. Game 3 will be Sunday at 6 pm in Philadelphia.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5