Apr 16, 2010, 10:36 PM EDT
It’s becoming a night of equalizers as the Devils were able to bounce back after a tough-going effort in Game 1 against the Flyers to knot the series up at 1-1 after knocking off the Flyers 5-3 thanks to the efforts of Zach Parise and Dainius Zubrus.
Parise got the shot away and it was Zubrus who got a stick on it to help tip it past Flyers goaltender Brian Boucher (28 saves) to put New Jersey up to stay with 4:04 left in the third period. Ilya Kovalchuk would score the empty net goal to provide the final outcome. For Kovalchuk, it’s his first win in the playoffs after going out in four straight as a member of the Thrashers against the Rangers in 2007 and the Devils Game 1 loss this year.
Devils goalie Martin Brodeur stopped 26 shots in earning the victory. Game 3 will be Sunday at 6 pm in Philadelphia.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)