Apr 16, 2010, 10:44 PM EDT
It’s a game I swear I’m not ignoring and it’s actually been pretty intense. Chicago and Nashville are just getting their series underway this evening and the mullet man Patrick Kane got the Blackhawks on the board first in the second period stuffing home a loose puck in the crease past Predators netminder Pekka Rinne.
It would be Hawks goalie Antti Niemi who would come out looking rough in the third when a J.P. Dumont floating backhand managed to float and bounce its way past Niemi to tie the game early in the third period. A Troy Brouwer turnover would end up in the back of the Chicago net after David Legwand’s initial shot was blocked but, again, J.P. Dumont was there on the doorstep to put the Predators ahead with just over nine minutes to play.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 13
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 9
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1