Apr 16, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
A 2-1 Flyers first period lead first evaporated into a 3-2 Devils lead and then right back into a tie game thanks to a wild flurry of action in the second period.
Devils defenseman Colin White, yes Colin White, tied the game up at 2-2 early in the period at the 3:44 mark slipping a wrist shot past goaltender Brian Boucher. Andy Greene then got the Devils a 3-2 lead on the power play with a snapshot and the Devils appeared to be taking control, but when you’re playing the Flyers, control can easily be lost and such was the case as Chris Pronger gets credit for tying the game at 3-3 on the 4-on-3 power play after Kimmo Timonen’s shot glanced off of his stick and behind Martin Brodeur.
Devils are outshooting the Flyers 27-19 after two periods. Should things continue this way, we’re in store for a classic finish at Prudential Center.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)