Apr 16, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
A 2-1 Flyers first period lead first evaporated into a 3-2 Devils lead and then right back into a tie game thanks to a wild flurry of action in the second period.
Devils defenseman Colin White, yes Colin White, tied the game up at 2-2 early in the period at the 3:44 mark slipping a wrist shot past goaltender Brian Boucher. Andy Greene then got the Devils a 3-2 lead on the power play with a snapshot and the Devils appeared to be taking control, but when you’re playing the Flyers, control can easily be lost and such was the case as Chris Pronger gets credit for tying the game at 3-3 on the 4-on-3 power play after Kimmo Timonen’s shot glanced off of his stick and behind Martin Brodeur.
Devils are outshooting the Flyers 27-19 after two periods. Should things continue this way, we’re in store for a classic finish at Prudential Center.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 133
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 81
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7