Apr 16, 2010, 9:30 PM EST
A 2-1 Flyers first period lead first evaporated into a 3-2 Devils lead and then right back into a tie game thanks to a wild flurry of action in the second period.
Devils defenseman Colin White, yes Colin White, tied the game up at 2-2 early in the period at the 3:44 mark slipping a wrist shot past goaltender Brian Boucher. Andy Greene then got the Devils a 3-2 lead on the power play with a snapshot and the Devils appeared to be taking control, but when you’re playing the Flyers, control can easily be lost and such was the case as Chris Pronger gets credit for tying the game at 3-3 on the 4-on-3 power play after Kimmo Timonen’s shot glanced off of his stick and behind Martin Brodeur.
Devils are outshooting the Flyers 27-19 after two periods. Should things continue this way, we’re in store for a classic finish at Prudential Center.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 15
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 16
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 65
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 17
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (65)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)