Apr 16, 2010, 7:57 PM EDT
After one period in Pittsburgh the Penguins are, perhaps, finding that they’re going to be mixed up in a tough series. 18 seconds into the game, Senators forward Peter Regin scored on a laser shot past Pens goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, something that’s sure to keep Penguins fans on edge the rest of the way if/when Fleury is able to settle down.
The Pens tied the game up on a goal by Sidney Crosby, shoveling home a poorly juggled rebound by Brian Elliott. Where this period leaves its mark is on the physical play as Sens defenseman Andy Sutton crushed Penguins defenseman Jordan Leopold in the neutral zone as Leopold was fighting off the defense from another Sens defender and Sutton took advantage of the play and Leopold’s head being down knocking Leopold down and into the locker room before the period ended. No penalty was called on the play.
We’re sure this hit will be debated hotly through the night and we’ll keep you posted.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54