Apr 16, 2010, 7:57 PM EDT
After one period in Pittsburgh the Penguins are, perhaps, finding that they’re going to be mixed up in a tough series. 18 seconds into the game, Senators forward Peter Regin scored on a laser shot past Pens goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, something that’s sure to keep Penguins fans on edge the rest of the way if/when Fleury is able to settle down.
The Pens tied the game up on a goal by Sidney Crosby, shoveling home a poorly juggled rebound by Brian Elliott. Where this period leaves its mark is on the physical play as Sens defenseman Andy Sutton crushed Penguins defenseman Jordan Leopold in the neutral zone as Leopold was fighting off the defense from another Sens defender and Sutton took advantage of the play and Leopold’s head being down knocking Leopold down and into the locker room before the period ended. No penalty was called on the play.
We’re sure this hit will be debated hotly through the night and we’ll keep you posted.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 6
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 56
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)