Apr 16, 2010, 7:57 PM EDT
After one period in Pittsburgh the Penguins are, perhaps, finding that they’re going to be mixed up in a tough series. 18 seconds into the game, Senators forward Peter Regin scored on a laser shot past Pens goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, something that’s sure to keep Penguins fans on edge the rest of the way if/when Fleury is able to settle down.
The Pens tied the game up on a goal by Sidney Crosby, shoveling home a poorly juggled rebound by Brian Elliott. Where this period leaves its mark is on the physical play as Sens defenseman Andy Sutton crushed Penguins defenseman Jordan Leopold in the neutral zone as Leopold was fighting off the defense from another Sens defender and Sutton took advantage of the play and Leopold’s head being down knocking Leopold down and into the locker room before the period ended. No penalty was called on the play.
We’re sure this hit will be debated hotly through the night and we’ll keep you posted.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 26
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 58
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)