Apr 16, 2010, 7:57 PM EDT
After one period in Pittsburgh the Penguins are, perhaps, finding that they’re going to be mixed up in a tough series. 18 seconds into the game, Senators forward Peter Regin scored on a laser shot past Pens goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, something that’s sure to keep Penguins fans on edge the rest of the way if/when Fleury is able to settle down.
The Pens tied the game up on a goal by Sidney Crosby, shoveling home a poorly juggled rebound by Brian Elliott. Where this period leaves its mark is on the physical play as Sens defenseman Andy Sutton crushed Penguins defenseman Jordan Leopold in the neutral zone as Leopold was fighting off the defense from another Sens defender and Sutton took advantage of the play and Leopold’s head being down knocking Leopold down and into the locker room before the period ended. No penalty was called on the play.
We’re sure this hit will be debated hotly through the night and we’ll keep you posted.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39