Apr 16, 2010, 7:57 PM EST
After one period in Pittsburgh the Penguins are, perhaps, finding that they’re going to be mixed up in a tough series. 18 seconds into the game, Senators forward Peter Regin scored on a laser shot past Pens goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, something that’s sure to keep Penguins fans on edge the rest of the way if/when Fleury is able to settle down.
The Pens tied the game up on a goal by Sidney Crosby, shoveling home a poorly juggled rebound by Brian Elliott. Where this period leaves its mark is on the physical play as Sens defenseman Andy Sutton crushed Penguins defenseman Jordan Leopold in the neutral zone as Leopold was fighting off the defense from another Sens defender and Sutton took advantage of the play and Leopold’s head being down knocking Leopold down and into the locker room before the period ended. No penalty was called on the play.
We’re sure this hit will be debated hotly through the night and we’ll keep you posted.
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 0
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)