Apr 16, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
After seeing very little in the way of fun or action in Game 1 between Philly and New Jersey, the teams decided to pick things up a bit in Game 2 that’s been ripe with penalties.
Zach Parise got the Devils on the board first with a shorthanded tally which saw him take advantage of a brutal turnover by defenseman Matt Carle. The Flyers wouldn’t stay down long as Arron Asham took advantage of a great pass from Claude Giroux to tie the game at one. Giroux would then later on give the Flyers a 2-1 lead thanks to a power play goal. One stat of note after the first, the Devils outshooting the Flyers 10-5. Maybe there’s something to be said for not seeing a lot of work if you’re Martin Brodeur. Brodeur allowed two goals on 14 shots in Game 1.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7