Apr 16, 2010, 4:21 PM EST
If there’s one thing that really stood out about how the Phoenix
Coyotes ultimately handled the Red Wings, it was their physical play.
While some may question a number of the hits laid out by Shane Doan in
the contest — and there were a number of borderline hits — there’s no
doubting that after a shaky first period the Coyotes used some physical
intimidation to take control of the game.
Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun, the Coyotes are expecting the Red
Wings to dish it right back at them.
Coyotes know that there’s a good chance their opponent
will try to play the bully in Friday’s Game 2 of the Western Conference
And to that they say: “Bring it on.”
Malik isn’t expecting the Red Wings to go nuts on the ice, and I
have to agree.
Rob makes it out to sound like the Red Wings will be out for blood,
when in fact the team and the coach have harped on playing with more
intensity. There’s better ways to counter a physical team, and going toe
to toe and hit for hit isn’t exactly it. Sure, I’d expect the Red Wings
to play more physical, but that’s not the game they play.
The Red Wings need to play with more intensity, but to do so with a
much cleaner game with better execution and a more balanced attack. They
need more Pavel Datsyuk to look concerned in the third period.
Justin Abdelkader will take the ice tonight, perhaps he can help with that.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 0
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 36
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)