Apr 15, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
As the hockey world shakes off the shock of the Montreal Canadiens’ upset of the Washington Capitals, there’s one game left for puckheads willing to go into work with some goalie creases under their eyes. The Vancouver Canucks and Los Angeles Kings wrestled to a 0-0 tie in the first period of their Game 1 match so far.
It’s been a couple days full of upsets, with both No.1 seeds (Washington and San Jose) falling while the two Stanley Cup Finalists also lost. (I know that some people are saying that Phoenix-Detroit wasn’t an upset, but from name recognition reasons/if you read this three months ago perspectives, it deserves at least partial upset credit.)
In a night of great goalie performances, Jonathan Quick continued that trend with 17 saves in the first period. The Kings have to feel good about how he’s playing right now, especially since there were some concerns that the young goalie might be wearing down.
Can Vancouver avoid the home ice disadvantage or will the young Kings be just another underdog to steal a Game 1? We’ll keep an eye on the last contest of Day 2 for you here at PHT.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 6
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 22
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 35
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)