Apr 15, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Now some of you may jokingly call this list the “year’s most egregious examples of charging” or make a high school yearbook-inspired quip such as “most likely to succeed … in giving someone a head injury” but come on. They’re big hits. Aside from the mothers of the guys getting hit, who doesn’t enjoy a medley of brutal checks? Feel free to throw in your own onomatopoeias after each hit (Suggestions: “Boom!” and “Wham!” Not recommended: “Zap.”).
Anyway, here’s NHL Network’s top 10 hits of the season.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40