Apr 15, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Now some of you may jokingly call this list the “year’s most egregious examples of charging” or make a high school yearbook-inspired quip such as “most likely to succeed … in giving someone a head injury” but come on. They’re big hits. Aside from the mothers of the guys getting hit, who doesn’t enjoy a medley of brutal checks? Feel free to throw in your own onomatopoeias after each hit (Suggestions: “Boom!” and “Wham!” Not recommended: “Zap.”).
Anyway, here’s NHL Network’s top 10 hits of the season.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5