Apr 15, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
Now some of you may jokingly call this list the “year’s most egregious examples of charging” or make a high school yearbook-inspired quip such as “most likely to succeed … in giving someone a head injury” but come on. They’re big hits. Aside from the mothers of the guys getting hit, who doesn’t enjoy a medley of brutal checks? Feel free to throw in your own onomatopoeias after each hit (Suggestions: “Boom!” and “Wham!” Not recommended: “Zap.”).
Anyway, here’s NHL Network’s top 10 hits of the season.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4