Apr 15, 2010, 9:09 PM EDT
Wow, what a goal by Scott Gomez.
The Alaskan forward streaked through a Capital or two going through the neutral zone, then the Montreal Canadiens made a great tic-tac-toe passing play to set up Gomez for the goal. The Capitals were mesmerized by the outstanding puck movement as Gomez slipped past Mike Green for a tap-in.
I’m in the “Mike Green gets too much flak” camp but that was definitely a brain fart by the prolific scoring defenseman.
The Capitals are about to go on the powerplay, so this could just be a blip on the radar. Still, you can understand why Capitals fans might be getting a little nervous. It’s been a very interesting contest so far.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld