Apr 15, 2010, 9:09 PM EDT
Wow, what a goal by Scott Gomez.
The Alaskan forward streaked through a Capital or two going through the neutral zone, then the Montreal Canadiens made a great tic-tac-toe passing play to set up Gomez for the goal. The Capitals were mesmerized by the outstanding puck movement as Gomez slipped past Mike Green for a tap-in.
I’m in the “Mike Green gets too much flak” camp but that was definitely a brain fart by the prolific scoring defenseman.
The Capitals are about to go on the powerplay, so this could just be a blip on the radar. Still, you can understand why Capitals fans might be getting a little nervous. It’s been a very interesting contest so far.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld