Apr 15, 2010, 9:09 PM EDT
Wow, what a goal by Scott Gomez.
The Alaskan forward streaked through a Capital or two going through the neutral zone, then the Montreal Canadiens made a great tic-tac-toe passing play to set up Gomez for the goal. The Capitals were mesmerized by the outstanding puck movement as Gomez slipped past Mike Green for a tap-in.
I’m in the “Mike Green gets too much flak” camp but that was definitely a brain fart by the prolific scoring defenseman.
The Capitals are about to go on the powerplay, so this could just be a blip on the radar. Still, you can understand why Capitals fans might be getting a little nervous. It’s been a very interesting contest so far.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld