Apr 15, 2010, 9:09 PM EDT
Wow, what a goal by Scott Gomez.
The Alaskan forward streaked through a Capital or two going through the neutral zone, then the Montreal Canadiens made a great tic-tac-toe passing play to set up Gomez for the goal. The Capitals were mesmerized by the outstanding puck movement as Gomez slipped past Mike Green for a tap-in.
I’m in the “Mike Green gets too much flak” camp but that was definitely a brain fart by the prolific scoring defenseman.
The Capitals are about to go on the powerplay, so this could just be a blip on the radar. Still, you can understand why Capitals fans might be getting a little nervous. It’s been a very interesting contest so far.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 13
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 26
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 48
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (48)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld