Apr 15, 2010, 12:23 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will be without center Jochen Hecht for the season, unless the Sabres are able to make it to the Stanley Cup finals.
After having minor surgery on his left pinkie last week, will be for weeks after having another surgery this week after sustaining more damage to the finger. From John Vogl of the Buffalo News:
“Jochen was re-evaluated and had to have some further work done,” coach
Lindy Ruff said after today’s morning skate. “He’s out now for what
would be weeks instead of days. He had a small procedure. That’s
Hecht was going to be a vital player for the Sabres in the playoffs, a veteran with scoring experience in the postseason who has had pretty good season.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 6
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 5
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 30
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 52
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 82
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut