Apr 15, 2010, 11:54 PM EDT
After a rough-and-tumble (but scoreless) first period, the Kings and Canucks combined for an exciting four-goal second.
The highlight reel goal was scored by the Sedin twins. Henrik Sedin led a rush up the ice, deftly passing the puck to his brother Daniel. Then “The Shooting Sedin” Daniel took advantage of a little extra space to make a knee-weakening backhand move for what will likely be the prettiest goal of the night. Daniel also made a nice, subtle play to set up the Canucks’ first goal by kicking the puck to Mikael Samuelsson for a powerplay goal.
The Los Angeles Kings began the night’s scoring with a Jarret Stoll powerplay tally. Vancouver’s Andrew Alberts tilted the momentum in LA’s direction when the game was 2-1 Vancouver after he delivered a blindsided hit to Kings’ forward Brad Richardson. Alberts was tossed from the game and the Kings were given a five minute powerplay. From there, Alex Frolov set up John Malkovich/Dexter look-alike Fredrik Modin to even the game up at 2.
So that’s where we stand: a contentious, rough and entertaining bout that spotlights just how awesome the Western Conference is. Stay tuned for more updates as this game goes forward. Could we see a second overtime game tonight?
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)