Apr 15, 2010, 11:54 PM EDT
After a rough-and-tumble (but scoreless) first period, the Kings and Canucks combined for an exciting four-goal second.
The highlight reel goal was scored by the Sedin twins. Henrik Sedin led a rush up the ice, deftly passing the puck to his brother Daniel. Then “The Shooting Sedin” Daniel took advantage of a little extra space to make a knee-weakening backhand move for what will likely be the prettiest goal of the night. Daniel also made a nice, subtle play to set up the Canucks’ first goal by kicking the puck to Mikael Samuelsson for a powerplay goal.
The Los Angeles Kings began the night’s scoring with a Jarret Stoll powerplay tally. Vancouver’s Andrew Alberts tilted the momentum in LA’s direction when the game was 2-1 Vancouver after he delivered a blindsided hit to Kings’ forward Brad Richardson. Alberts was tossed from the game and the Kings were given a five minute powerplay. From there, Alex Frolov set up John Malkovich/Dexter look-alike Fredrik Modin to even the game up at 2.
So that’s where we stand: a contentious, rough and entertaining bout that spotlights just how awesome the Western Conference is. Stay tuned for more updates as this game goes forward. Could we see a second overtime game tonight?
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)