Apr 15, 2010, 11:54 PM EDT
After a rough-and-tumble (but scoreless) first period, the Kings and Canucks combined for an exciting four-goal second.
The highlight reel goal was scored by the Sedin twins. Henrik Sedin led a rush up the ice, deftly passing the puck to his brother Daniel. Then “The Shooting Sedin” Daniel took advantage of a little extra space to make a knee-weakening backhand move for what will likely be the prettiest goal of the night. Daniel also made a nice, subtle play to set up the Canucks’ first goal by kicking the puck to Mikael Samuelsson for a powerplay goal.
The Los Angeles Kings began the night’s scoring with a Jarret Stoll powerplay tally. Vancouver’s Andrew Alberts tilted the momentum in LA’s direction when the game was 2-1 Vancouver after he delivered a blindsided hit to Kings’ forward Brad Richardson. Alberts was tossed from the game and the Kings were given a five minute powerplay. From there, Alex Frolov set up John Malkovich/Dexter look-alike Fredrik Modin to even the game up at 2.
So that’s where we stand: a contentious, rough and entertaining bout that spotlights just how awesome the Western Conference is. Stay tuned for more updates as this game goes forward. Could we see a second overtime game tonight?
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 2
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 25
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)