Apr 15, 2010, 4:04 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers, entering the postseason with so many
questions, could become an incredible storyline to follow. After winning
game won in New Jersey, the Flyers showed that making the playoffs was
far from a fluke, even if they are one heck of a shorthanded team.
though it was a great win, the Flyers are far from content. Via
Colin Stephenson of The Star-Ledger:
happy with the way we won,” forward Daniel Briere said.
“We’re happy THAT we won it, but not happy with the way we played.
“We found a way to steal one, basically.”
were grossly outshot in the game, mustering just 14 shots on net.
Playing against Martin Brodeur and the Devils defense, that’s not
something that will win them many games.
While the win was certainly great for the Flyers,
you couldn’t help but think the victory was more about the Devils
squandering multiple opportunities on the power play, and basically
failing to show up mentally for a big playoff game at home.
not something to expect to happen twice; therefore, you can appreciate
the Flyers sentiment that they were able to escape with a win.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL