Apr 15, 2010, 4:04 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers, entering the postseason with so many
questions, could become an incredible storyline to follow. After winning
game won in New Jersey, the Flyers showed that making the playoffs was
far from a fluke, even if they are one heck of a shorthanded team.
though it was a great win, the Flyers are far from content. Via
Colin Stephenson of The Star-Ledger:
happy with the way we won,” forward Daniel Briere said.
“We’re happy THAT we won it, but not happy with the way we played.
“We found a way to steal one, basically.”
were grossly outshot in the game, mustering just 14 shots on net.
Playing against Martin Brodeur and the Devils defense, that’s not
something that will win them many games.
While the win was certainly great for the Flyers,
you couldn’t help but think the victory was more about the Devils
squandering multiple opportunities on the power play, and basically
failing to show up mentally for a big playoff game at home.
not something to expect to happen twice; therefore, you can appreciate
the Flyers sentiment that they were able to escape with a win.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 5
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 34
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 71
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 63
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)