Apr 15, 2010, 4:04 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers, entering the postseason with so many
questions, could become an incredible storyline to follow. After winning
game won in New Jersey, the Flyers showed that making the playoffs was
far from a fluke, even if they are one heck of a shorthanded team.
though it was a great win, the Flyers are far from content. Via
Colin Stephenson of The Star-Ledger:
happy with the way we won,” forward Daniel Briere said.
“We’re happy THAT we won it, but not happy with the way we played.
“We found a way to steal one, basically.”
were grossly outshot in the game, mustering just 14 shots on net.
Playing against Martin Brodeur and the Devils defense, that’s not
something that will win them many games.
While the win was certainly great for the Flyers,
you couldn’t help but think the victory was more about the Devils
squandering multiple opportunities on the power play, and basically
failing to show up mentally for a big playoff game at home.
not something to expect to happen twice; therefore, you can appreciate
the Flyers sentiment that they were able to escape with a win.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)