Apr 15, 2010, 4:04 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers, entering the postseason with so many
questions, could become an incredible storyline to follow. After winning
game won in New Jersey, the Flyers showed that making the playoffs was
far from a fluke, even if they are one heck of a shorthanded team.
though it was a great win, the Flyers are far from content. Via
Colin Stephenson of The Star-Ledger:
happy with the way we won,” forward Daniel Briere said.
“We’re happy THAT we won it, but not happy with the way we played.
“We found a way to steal one, basically.”
were grossly outshot in the game, mustering just 14 shots on net.
Playing against Martin Brodeur and the Devils defense, that’s not
something that will win them many games.
While the win was certainly great for the Flyers,
you couldn’t help but think the victory was more about the Devils
squandering multiple opportunities on the power play, and basically
failing to show up mentally for a big playoff game at home.
not something to expect to happen twice; therefore, you can appreciate
the Flyers sentiment that they were able to escape with a win.
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 1
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 2
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 10
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 27
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3