Apr 15, 2010, 4:04 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers, entering the postseason with so many
questions, could become an incredible storyline to follow. After winning
game won in New Jersey, the Flyers showed that making the playoffs was
far from a fluke, even if they are one heck of a shorthanded team.
though it was a great win, the Flyers are far from content. Via
Colin Stephenson of The Star-Ledger:
happy with the way we won,” forward Daniel Briere said.
“We’re happy THAT we won it, but not happy with the way we played.
“We found a way to steal one, basically.”
were grossly outshot in the game, mustering just 14 shots on net.
Playing against Martin Brodeur and the Devils defense, that’s not
something that will win them many games.
While the win was certainly great for the Flyers,
you couldn’t help but think the victory was more about the Devils
squandering multiple opportunities on the power play, and basically
failing to show up mentally for a big playoff game at home.
not something to expect to happen twice; therefore, you can appreciate
the Flyers sentiment that they were able to escape with a win.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 34
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 27
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25