Apr 15, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
In the second night of the playoffs, we already have our first overtime game.
Both the Capitals and Canadiens scored a single goal in the third period, with Nicklas Backstrom scoring first for Washington and Scott Gomez tying things up 2-2. Jaroslav Halak has been massive for Montreal, stopping 39 out of 41 shots in the first regulation. Alex Ovechkin is already getting thrown under the bus on Twitter right now.
So, who is going to be the hero in DC?
Buffalo Sabres 2, Boston Bruins 1
As I mentioned, the Buffalo Sabres are nearly impenetrable when they have a third period lead (like I said, they were a stunning 30-0-0 in those situations during the regular season). Buffalo rode Craig Rivet’s second period goal and suffocated the offensively challenged Bruins in the third period. Ryan Miller ended up with a great 38 save game but Tukka Rask wasn’t a slouch either, stopping 30 out of 32 Sabres shots.
This could be one rough, grind-it-out series.
- Video: Boston quickly erases Chicago’s late lead 0
- Video: Bruins, Hawks combine for five goals in 11 minutes during wild second period 5
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 61
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 24
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld