Apr 15, 2010, 9:36 PM EST
In the second night of the playoffs, we already have our first overtime game.
Both the Capitals and Canadiens scored a single goal in the third period, with Nicklas Backstrom scoring first for Washington and Scott Gomez tying things up 2-2. Jaroslav Halak has been massive for Montreal, stopping 39 out of 41 shots in the first regulation. Alex Ovechkin is already getting thrown under the bus on Twitter right now.
So, who is going to be the hero in DC?
Buffalo Sabres 2, Boston Bruins 1
As I mentioned, the Buffalo Sabres are nearly impenetrable when they have a third period lead (like I said, they were a stunning 30-0-0 in those situations during the regular season). Buffalo rode Craig Rivet’s second period goal and suffocated the offensively challenged Bruins in the third period. Ryan Miller ended up with a great 38 save game but Tukka Rask wasn’t a slouch either, stopping 30 out of 32 Sabres shots.
This could be one rough, grind-it-out series.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld