Apr 15, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
In the second night of the playoffs, we already have our first overtime game.
Both the Capitals and Canadiens scored a single goal in the third period, with Nicklas Backstrom scoring first for Washington and Scott Gomez tying things up 2-2. Jaroslav Halak has been massive for Montreal, stopping 39 out of 41 shots in the first regulation. Alex Ovechkin is already getting thrown under the bus on Twitter right now.
So, who is going to be the hero in DC?
Buffalo Sabres 2, Boston Bruins 1
As I mentioned, the Buffalo Sabres are nearly impenetrable when they have a third period lead (like I said, they were a stunning 30-0-0 in those situations during the regular season). Buffalo rode Craig Rivet’s second period goal and suffocated the offensively challenged Bruins in the third period. Ryan Miller ended up with a great 38 save game but Tukka Rask wasn’t a slouch either, stopping 30 out of 32 Sabres shots.
This could be one rough, grind-it-out series.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 37
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld