Apr 14, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
It’s that time of the year. Playoff hockey.
It’s the second
season for the NHL, when 16 teams try for the chance to hoist that most
glorious of prizes in all of sports: Lord Stanley’s Cup.
eight teams kick off the 2010 NHL playoffs:
Senators @ (4) Pittsburgh Penguins – 7:00 p.m. EDT (Versus, CBC, RDS)
If the Senators hope to have any kind of shot against
the Penguins, they’ll have to jump on them early in the series and shock
them with a game one win. The Penguins will be without Chris Kunitz
tonight, but Matt Cooke will be in the lineup after being knocked into
next week by Evander Kane.
(7) Philadelphia Flyers @ (2) New
Jersey Devils – 7:30 p.m. EDT (RIS, TSN, CSN-PH)
This is going to be one physical, drawn out series. Can
Brian Boucher keep the Flyers within striking distance, as they try to
crack the NHL’s stingiest defense? Can Ilya Kovalchuk justify his trade?
Will Dan Carillo ever shave that horrible mustache?
Detroit Red Wings @ (4) Phoenix Coyotes – 10:00 p.m. EDT (RIS, Versus,
Series – 0-0
It’s amazing how big
of an underdog the Coyotes are for this series. I guess it’s a case of
“well, you were good in the regular season but I’m not convinced yet”,
and unfortunately it’s true. When you’re facing the Red Wings, it’s
tough to say anyone going against them would be the favorite. Until the
(8) Colorado Avalanche @ (1) San Jose Sharks –
10:30 p.m. EDT (CBC, Versus, RDS, ALT)
Series – 0-0
pointed out that the Sharks typically don’t choke until the second
round of the playoffs, so at least they have a shot against Colorado,
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54