Apr 14, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
It’s that time of the year. Playoff hockey.
It’s the second
season for the NHL, when 16 teams try for the chance to hoist that most
glorious of prizes in all of sports: Lord Stanley’s Cup.
eight teams kick off the 2010 NHL playoffs:
Senators @ (4) Pittsburgh Penguins – 7:00 p.m. EDT (Versus, CBC, RDS)
If the Senators hope to have any kind of shot against
the Penguins, they’ll have to jump on them early in the series and shock
them with a game one win. The Penguins will be without Chris Kunitz
tonight, but Matt Cooke will be in the lineup after being knocked into
next week by Evander Kane.
(7) Philadelphia Flyers @ (2) New
Jersey Devils – 7:30 p.m. EDT (RIS, TSN, CSN-PH)
This is going to be one physical, drawn out series. Can
Brian Boucher keep the Flyers within striking distance, as they try to
crack the NHL’s stingiest defense? Can Ilya Kovalchuk justify his trade?
Will Dan Carillo ever shave that horrible mustache?
Detroit Red Wings @ (4) Phoenix Coyotes – 10:00 p.m. EDT (RIS, Versus,
Series – 0-0
It’s amazing how big
of an underdog the Coyotes are for this series. I guess it’s a case of
“well, you were good in the regular season but I’m not convinced yet”,
and unfortunately it’s true. When you’re facing the Red Wings, it’s
tough to say anyone going against them would be the favorite. Until the
(8) Colorado Avalanche @ (1) San Jose Sharks -
10:30 p.m. EDT (CBC, Versus, RDS, ALT)
Series – 0-0
pointed out that the Sharks typically don’t choke until the second
round of the playoffs, so at least they have a shot against Colorado,
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 54
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 20
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 21
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Serena Williams sorry after rape case comments