Apr 14, 2010, 10:54 PM EST
Well, it certainly wasn’t the barrage of snakes everyone was hoping for.
Nevertheless, the Throw The Snake movement was at least somewhat successful, when after the Coyotes tied the game 1-1 on Keith Yandle’s goal…..
….a lone snake was hurled onto the ice.
As far as the actual game goes, the Coyotes are doing exactly what will lead a team to an early exit in the playoffs: stop playing the game that got them to the playoffs in the first place. Phoenix allowed the Red Wings to rattle of 18 shots in the first period, playing like a nervous team that was in the playoffs for the first time in eight years.
Ilya Bryzgalov was solid, but allowed a soft goal to Tomas Holmstrom and then never saw Lidstrom’s shot from the point. The Wings have controlled the area in front of the crease all game long.
This is what has happened with Tippett’s teams before in the playoffs. Can he get them back on track?
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8