Apr 14, 2010, 10:54 PM EDT
Well, it certainly wasn’t the barrage of snakes everyone was hoping for.
Nevertheless, the Throw The Snake movement was at least somewhat successful, when after the Coyotes tied the game 1-1 on Keith Yandle’s goal…..
….a lone snake was hurled onto the ice.
As far as the actual game goes, the Coyotes are doing exactly what will lead a team to an early exit in the playoffs: stop playing the game that got them to the playoffs in the first place. Phoenix allowed the Red Wings to rattle of 18 shots in the first period, playing like a nervous team that was in the playoffs for the first time in eight years.
Ilya Bryzgalov was solid, but allowed a soft goal to Tomas Holmstrom and then never saw Lidstrom’s shot from the point. The Wings have controlled the area in front of the crease all game long.
This is what has happened with Tippett’s teams before in the playoffs. Can he get them back on track?
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)