Apr 14, 2010, 10:54 PM EDT
Well, it certainly wasn’t the barrage of snakes everyone was hoping for.
Nevertheless, the Throw The Snake movement was at least somewhat successful, when after the Coyotes tied the game 1-1 on Keith Yandle’s goal…..
….a lone snake was hurled onto the ice.
As far as the actual game goes, the Coyotes are doing exactly what will lead a team to an early exit in the playoffs: stop playing the game that got them to the playoffs in the first place. Phoenix allowed the Red Wings to rattle of 18 shots in the first period, playing like a nervous team that was in the playoffs for the first time in eight years.
Ilya Bryzgalov was solid, but allowed a soft goal to Tomas Holmstrom and then never saw Lidstrom’s shot from the point. The Wings have controlled the area in front of the crease all game long.
This is what has happened with Tippett’s teams before in the playoffs. Can he get them back on track?
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 0
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 10
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 37
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic
- Play Video: Stepan's face takes a beating
- Play Video: Dorsett vs. Thornton