Apr 14, 2010, 10:54 PM EST
Well, it certainly wasn’t the barrage of snakes everyone was hoping for.
Nevertheless, the Throw The Snake movement was at least somewhat successful, when after the Coyotes tied the game 1-1 on Keith Yandle’s goal…..
….a lone snake was hurled onto the ice.
As far as the actual game goes, the Coyotes are doing exactly what will lead a team to an early exit in the playoffs: stop playing the game that got them to the playoffs in the first place. Phoenix allowed the Red Wings to rattle of 18 shots in the first period, playing like a nervous team that was in the playoffs for the first time in eight years.
Ilya Bryzgalov was solid, but allowed a soft goal to Tomas Holmstrom and then never saw Lidstrom’s shot from the point. The Wings have controlled the area in front of the crease all game long.
This is what has happened with Tippett’s teams before in the playoffs. Can he get them back on track?
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 0
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)