Apr 14, 2010, 8:54 PM EST
The same formula that worked in the first was just as effective in the second for the Senators, who worked overtime to play keep away with the Pittsburgh offense. The Penguins have just 12 shots on goal and Evgeni Malkin, who has two goals, is the only player who seems to have any offensive jump.
On offense, the Senators are “picking up the trash” around the net, taking advantage of a number of miscues by Marc-Andre Fleury to get out to a 4-2 lead after 40 minutes.
Not far down the road, the Flyers are stunning the Devils in the second period. Brian Boucher is defying the odds, so to speak, and playing some solid hockey between the pipes for the Flyers. Chris Pronger and Mike Richards have scored, and the team that had to go to the shootout just to get into the playoffs are 40 minutes from getting one heck of an improbable win.
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 18
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)