Apr 14, 2010, 8:54 PM EDT
The same formula that worked in the first was just as effective in the second for the Senators, who worked overtime to play keep away with the Pittsburgh offense. The Penguins have just 12 shots on goal and Evgeni Malkin, who has two goals, is the only player who seems to have any offensive jump.
On offense, the Senators are “picking up the trash” around the net, taking advantage of a number of miscues by Marc-Andre Fleury to get out to a 4-2 lead after 40 minutes.
Not far down the road, the Flyers are stunning the Devils in the second period. Brian Boucher is defying the odds, so to speak, and playing some solid hockey between the pipes for the Flyers. Chris Pronger and Mike Richards have scored, and the team that had to go to the shootout just to get into the playoffs are 40 minutes from getting one heck of an improbable win.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)