Apr 14, 2010, 8:54 PM EDT
The same formula that worked in the first was just as effective in the second for the Senators, who worked overtime to play keep away with the Pittsburgh offense. The Penguins have just 12 shots on goal and Evgeni Malkin, who has two goals, is the only player who seems to have any offensive jump.
On offense, the Senators are “picking up the trash” around the net, taking advantage of a number of miscues by Marc-Andre Fleury to get out to a 4-2 lead after 40 minutes.
Not far down the road, the Flyers are stunning the Devils in the second period. Brian Boucher is defying the odds, so to speak, and playing some solid hockey between the pipes for the Flyers. Chris Pronger and Mike Richards have scored, and the team that had to go to the shootout just to get into the playoffs are 40 minutes from getting one heck of an improbable win.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)