Apr 14, 2010, 8:54 PM EST
The same formula that worked in the first was just as effective in the second for the Senators, who worked overtime to play keep away with the Pittsburgh offense. The Penguins have just 12 shots on goal and Evgeni Malkin, who has two goals, is the only player who seems to have any offensive jump.
On offense, the Senators are “picking up the trash” around the net, taking advantage of a number of miscues by Marc-Andre Fleury to get out to a 4-2 lead after 40 minutes.
Not far down the road, the Flyers are stunning the Devils in the second period. Brian Boucher is defying the odds, so to speak, and playing some solid hockey between the pipes for the Flyers. Chris Pronger and Mike Richards have scored, and the team that had to go to the shootout just to get into the playoffs are 40 minutes from getting one heck of an improbable win.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)