Apr 14, 2010, 8:54 PM EDT
The same formula that worked in the first was just as effective in the second for the Senators, who worked overtime to play keep away with the Pittsburgh offense. The Penguins have just 12 shots on goal and Evgeni Malkin, who has two goals, is the only player who seems to have any offensive jump.
On offense, the Senators are “picking up the trash” around the net, taking advantage of a number of miscues by Marc-Andre Fleury to get out to a 4-2 lead after 40 minutes.
Not far down the road, the Flyers are stunning the Devils in the second period. Brian Boucher is defying the odds, so to speak, and playing some solid hockey between the pipes for the Flyers. Chris Pronger and Mike Richards have scored, and the team that had to go to the shootout just to get into the playoffs are 40 minutes from getting one heck of an improbable win.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 9
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 8
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)