Apr 13, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Here are some (really) quick hits as the league gears up for the first games that really matter. (Sorry, Rangers-Flyers, but that was just pathetic.)
Turco will NOT be a Dallas Star next season
Defending Big D relays various reports that the once-franchise goalie will definitely be wearing a new sweater next season. Want to know possible landing spots for the wacky, puck flinging goalie? I wrote a piece on where he may land about a month ago.
Tarik El-Bashir reports that the 100-point scorer is “ill.” Not sure how much of an impact that will have on his game, but it’s never good. Especially if he gets his teammates sick. NO HUGGING AFTER GOALS, GUYS!
The Pittsburgh Penguins signed Brent Johnson to a two year, $1.2 million contract extension today according to the team. Seems like a solid (but unspectacular) move, as his annual cap hit will be a paltry $600,000 per year. “Solid if unspectacular” is a description Penguins fans must get used to, because the team will be hard up against the cap for quite some time.
Detroit signs Andersson
The official Red Wings Twitter page announced that the team signed Joakim Andersson to a three year entry-level contract today. He’s probably going to end up being pretty good because he’s a Red Wing from Sweden. That’s how these things work out.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 5
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 7
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 15
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 47
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)