Apr 13, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Here are some (really) quick hits as the league gears up for the first games that really matter. (Sorry, Rangers-Flyers, but that was just pathetic.)
Turco will NOT be a Dallas Star next season
Defending Big D relays various reports that the once-franchise goalie will definitely be wearing a new sweater next season. Want to know possible landing spots for the wacky, puck flinging goalie? I wrote a piece on where he may land about a month ago.
Tarik El-Bashir reports that the 100-point scorer is “ill.” Not sure how much of an impact that will have on his game, but it’s never good. Especially if he gets his teammates sick. NO HUGGING AFTER GOALS, GUYS!
The Pittsburgh Penguins signed Brent Johnson to a two year, $1.2 million contract extension today according to the team. Seems like a solid (but unspectacular) move, as his annual cap hit will be a paltry $600,000 per year. “Solid if unspectacular” is a description Penguins fans must get used to, because the team will be hard up against the cap for quite some time.
Detroit signs Andersson
The official Red Wings Twitter page announced that the team signed Joakim Andersson to a three year entry-level contract today. He’s probably going to end up being pretty good because he’s a Red Wing from Sweden. That’s how these things work out.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 19
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4