Apr 13, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Here are some (really) quick hits as the league gears up for the first games that really matter. (Sorry, Rangers-Flyers, but that was just pathetic.)
Turco will NOT be a Dallas Star next season
Defending Big D relays various reports that the once-franchise goalie will definitely be wearing a new sweater next season. Want to know possible landing spots for the wacky, puck flinging goalie? I wrote a piece on where he may land about a month ago.
Tarik El-Bashir reports that the 100-point scorer is “ill.” Not sure how much of an impact that will have on his game, but it’s never good. Especially if he gets his teammates sick. NO HUGGING AFTER GOALS, GUYS!
The Pittsburgh Penguins signed Brent Johnson to a two year, $1.2 million contract extension today according to the team. Seems like a solid (but unspectacular) move, as his annual cap hit will be a paltry $600,000 per year. “Solid if unspectacular” is a description Penguins fans must get used to, because the team will be hard up against the cap for quite some time.
Detroit signs Andersson
The official Red Wings Twitter page announced that the team signed Joakim Andersson to a three year entry-level contract today. He’s probably going to end up being pretty good because he’s a Red Wing from Sweden. That’s how these things work out.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)