Apr 13, 2010, 8:58 PM EDT
It’s only fair that a team that was beset by injuries all year long comes away with the top pick in the draft and that’s exactly what happened as the Edmonton Oilers came away the winners of the NHL Draft lottery. There were no surprises as everything held to form for the lottery and the Boston Bruins were the main benefactor of that landing the second overall pick courtesy of Toronto and the Phil Kessel trade.
The top of the 2010 NHL Draft in Los Angeles will look like this:
2. Boston (via Toronto)
5. New York Islanders
6. Tampa Bay
10. New York Rangers
13. Phoenix (via Calgary)
14. St. Louis
The beauty of the draft is that it now boils down to a huge debate on what the Oilers will do with their pick and if what Chris Johnston of The Canadian Press says is true, the Bruins may not be done dealing yet.
Doesn’t sound like Steve Tambellini will think seriously about trading No. 1 pick. Peter Chiarelli says he’ll try to move up.
This would lead you to believe that Peter Chiarelli isn’t a big fan of letting the Oilers and their wacky ways dictating who he can select at #2, and who can blame him? It also could mean that Chiarelli already has his guy in mind and doesn’t like fate getting in the way. If you’re curious about who could land where, outside of Tyler Seguin and Taylor Hall your guess is as good as mine. If you need a hit list, the NHL has your hookup with the Central Scouting Bureau.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)