Apr 13, 2010, 8:58 PM EDT
It’s only fair that a team that was beset by injuries all year long comes away with the top pick in the draft and that’s exactly what happened as the Edmonton Oilers came away the winners of the NHL Draft lottery. There were no surprises as everything held to form for the lottery and the Boston Bruins were the main benefactor of that landing the second overall pick courtesy of Toronto and the Phil Kessel trade.
The top of the 2010 NHL Draft in Los Angeles will look like this:
2. Boston (via Toronto)
5. New York Islanders
6. Tampa Bay
10. New York Rangers
13. Phoenix (via Calgary)
14. St. Louis
The beauty of the draft is that it now boils down to a huge debate on what the Oilers will do with their pick and if what Chris Johnston of The Canadian Press says is true, the Bruins may not be done dealing yet.
Doesn’t sound like Steve Tambellini will think seriously about trading No. 1 pick. Peter Chiarelli says he’ll try to move up.
This would lead you to believe that Peter Chiarelli isn’t a big fan of letting the Oilers and their wacky ways dictating who he can select at #2, and who can blame him? It also could mean that Chiarelli already has his guy in mind and doesn’t like fate getting in the way. If you’re curious about who could land where, outside of Tyler Seguin and Taylor Hall your guess is as good as mine. If you need a hit list, the NHL has your hookup with the Central Scouting Bureau.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)