Apr 13, 2010, 8:07 PM EDT
Are you ready for some draft lottery?! Yes, there’s a fair bit of drama to this year’s lottery, mostly thanks to the Phil Kessel trade and what will happen with Toronto’s pick that belongs to the Boston Bruins. If you’ve missed any of our coverage from the past week, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered here and here.
Starting fresh at 8:00 PM ET you’ll want to keep refreshing with us here to get thoughts on the lottery process itself, one that Larry Brooks of the New York Post is eager to change.
There should be one standard and one standard alone for inclusion in the lottery for first overall, and that’s failure to make the playoffs. The 14 non-qualifiers should have an equal chance for the first selection in a sweepstakes that would remove the incentive for teams to lose down the stretch to fall as low in the standings as possible.
That would make it a bit more like the NBA Draft lottery but much more insane and as a fan of utter chaos, I approve.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)