Apr 13, 2010, 8:07 PM EDT
Are you ready for some draft lottery?! Yes, there’s a fair bit of drama to this year’s lottery, mostly thanks to the Phil Kessel trade and what will happen with Toronto’s pick that belongs to the Boston Bruins. If you’ve missed any of our coverage from the past week, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered here and here.
Starting fresh at 8:00 PM ET you’ll want to keep refreshing with us here to get thoughts on the lottery process itself, one that Larry Brooks of the New York Post is eager to change.
There should be one standard and one standard alone for inclusion in the lottery for first overall, and that’s failure to make the playoffs. The 14 non-qualifiers should have an equal chance for the first selection in a sweepstakes that would remove the incentive for teams to lose down the stretch to fall as low in the standings as possible.
That would make it a bit more like the NBA Draft lottery but much more insane and as a fan of utter chaos, I approve.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)