Apr 13, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli stunned some folks saying that injured forward Marc Savard could be ready to play by the time the second round of the playoffs comes around. Of course, this could be wishful jumping to conclusions here as the quotes mentioned don’t say that explicitly, especially those from the Boston Herald.
“I talked to him last night and he’s feeling better and better every day,” said Chiarelli. “He’d just been out for a brisk half-hour walk. As far as when he’ll be back, I have no idea. But I think that’s really good news with him.”
Obviously everyone in Boston is rooting for Savard to come back when he’s healthy and fully recovered, having a star player go Eric Lindros on everyone would be terrible and tragic. The Bruins will be smart about this process as they’ve gone through this once already with Patrice Bergeron, but considering that just a couple weeks ago Marc Savard was still sitting in dimly lit rooms to prevent headaches and now he’s walking briskly I wouldn’t get too excited about him coming back by the second round.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 15
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17