Apr 13, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli stunned some folks saying that injured forward Marc Savard could be ready to play by the time the second round of the playoffs comes around. Of course, this could be wishful jumping to conclusions here as the quotes mentioned don’t say that explicitly, especially those from the Boston Herald.
“I talked to him last night and he’s feeling better and better every day,” said Chiarelli. “He’d just been out for a brisk half-hour walk. As far as when he’ll be back, I have no idea. But I think that’s really good news with him.”
Obviously everyone in Boston is rooting for Savard to come back when he’s healthy and fully recovered, having a star player go Eric Lindros on everyone would be terrible and tragic. The Bruins will be smart about this process as they’ve gone through this once already with Patrice Bergeron, but considering that just a couple weeks ago Marc Savard was still sitting in dimly lit rooms to prevent headaches and now he’s walking briskly I wouldn’t get too excited about him coming back by the second round.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6