Apr 13, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli stunned some folks saying that injured forward Marc Savard could be ready to play by the time the second round of the playoffs comes around. Of course, this could be wishful jumping to conclusions here as the quotes mentioned don’t say that explicitly, especially those from the Boston Herald.
“I talked to him last night and he’s feeling better and better every day,” said Chiarelli. “He’d just been out for a brisk half-hour walk. As far as when he’ll be back, I have no idea. But I think that’s really good news with him.”
Obviously everyone in Boston is rooting for Savard to come back when he’s healthy and fully recovered, having a star player go Eric Lindros on everyone would be terrible and tragic. The Bruins will be smart about this process as they’ve gone through this once already with Patrice Bergeron, but considering that just a couple weeks ago Marc Savard was still sitting in dimly lit rooms to prevent headaches and now he’s walking briskly I wouldn’t get too excited about him coming back by the second round.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38