Apr 12, 2010, 7:30 AM EDT
It’s bee a season of goodbye’s and possible farewells. Keith Tkachuk
is hanging up the skates, and we’re facing the distinct possibility of
Mike Modano retiring this summer as well.
What about Teemu
The future hall of fame forward has spent the majority of
his career with the Anaheim Ducks, after starting with the Winnipeg
Jets and take a brief tour of Colorado in 2003. He finished with 27
goals this season in 54 games, for a total of 606 career goals in the
It wasn’t exactly the emotional rollercoaster that Modano
went through in Dallas and Minnesota, but Selanne was greeted with an
outpouring of support from Ducks fans in the final game of the season.
After the game, he was asked if this was it:
it’s smart to take a little time to think about it,” Selanne
said before the Ducks’ 7-2 victory over Edmonton closed
out a disappointing season that will not include the playoffs for the
first time in five years.
“If you had asked me two months ago, it
would have been easy to think,
‘This is it.’ But the way we have played since then (23-14-4 in the
second half), after I got healthy, it’s been so much fun.”
finished the season looking like the sniper he’s always been, and
showed that when healthy he is still one of the most dangerous players
in the NHL when he has the puck.
He has had trouble staying
healthy the past few seasons, and you have to think that takes its toll
on a player nearing 40. Like Modano, expect Selanne to take his time
making a decision.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 41
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 4
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 28
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 14
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination