Apr 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Here’s a rundown of all the storylines for today, as prepare for what
should be an incredible day of hockey. Some of the playoff implications
are a bit confusing, especially in the middle of the Western Conference.
biggest story of the day, besides the Ranger and Flyers duking it out
for a playoff spot, is the race for the Rocket Richard with Ovechkin,
Stamkos and Crosby all playing today.
San Jose or Chicago
2. San Jose or Chicago
3. Vancouver Canucks
4. Phoenix Coyotes
5. Detroit, LA Kings or Nashville
6. Detroit, LA Kings or Nashville
7. Detroit, LA Kings or Nashville
8. Colorado Avalanche
- With win against Detroit, Chicago would
lock down #1 seed.
- Detroit wins, assured 5th spot.
- Detroit loses, combined with LA win and Detroit drops to #7 and Kings
jump to #5
- Detroit loses in OT or SO, combined with LA win, Detroit drops to #6
and Kings jump to #5
- Detroit loses in regulation, combined with LA loss in OT or SO -
Nashville #5, LA #6, Detroit #7
-Detroit and LA lose in regulation – Nashville to #5, Detroit to #6
Eastern Conference after the jump:
2. New Jersey or Buffalo
3. New Jersey or Buffalo
7. Montreal or Philadelphia
8. Montreal or Boston
- The Sabres and the Devils are playing each
other this evening for the number two seed in the conference. Buffalo
needs to beat New Jersey in regulation; one point by NJ and they
automatically win the #2 seed due to tiebreakers.
- Either New York
or Philadelphia will make the playoffs; both can’t make it. If
Philadelphia wins, Montreal drops to #8 and takes on the Capitals in the
- Habs fans are now big NY Rangers fans.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 40
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 44
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 91
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL