Apr 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Here’s a rundown of all the storylines for today, as prepare for what
should be an incredible day of hockey. Some of the playoff implications
are a bit confusing, especially in the middle of the Western Conference.
biggest story of the day, besides the Ranger and Flyers duking it out
for a playoff spot, is the race for the Rocket Richard with Ovechkin,
Stamkos and Crosby all playing today.
San Jose or Chicago
2. San Jose or Chicago
3. Vancouver Canucks
4. Phoenix Coyotes
5. Detroit, LA Kings or Nashville
6. Detroit, LA Kings or Nashville
7. Detroit, LA Kings or Nashville
8. Colorado Avalanche
- With win against Detroit, Chicago would
lock down #1 seed.
- Detroit wins, assured 5th spot.
– Detroit loses, combined with LA win and Detroit drops to #7 and Kings
jump to #5
– Detroit loses in OT or SO, combined with LA win, Detroit drops to #6
and Kings jump to #5
– Detroit loses in regulation, combined with LA loss in OT or SO –
Nashville #5, LA #6, Detroit #7
-Detroit and LA lose in regulation – Nashville to #5, Detroit to #6
Eastern Conference after the jump:
2. New Jersey or Buffalo
3. New Jersey or Buffalo
7. Montreal or Philadelphia
8. Montreal or Boston
- The Sabres and the Devils are playing each
other this evening for the number two seed in the conference. Buffalo
needs to beat New Jersey in regulation; one point by NJ and they
automatically win the #2 seed due to tiebreakers.
- Either New York
or Philadelphia will make the playoffs; both can’t make it. If
Philadelphia wins, Montreal drops to #8 and takes on the Capitals in the
– Habs fans are now big NY Rangers fans.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5