Apr 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
(This photo is just too good not to post again. Click on it. You won’t regret it. Did Evander Kane become an honorary Boston Bruin with this punch?)
Boston bloggers/papers are saying:
NBC Sports’ own Kevin Paul Dupont does a great job of summarizing the Bruins’ season and how that three shorthanded goal spree almost seemed fitting. Here’s a great paragraph from a Boston Globe story.
In a season in which the Bruins have been woefully short on most everything, especially goal-scoring, power-play efficiency, good health, and consistency, the NHL record for shorthanded strikes – both for speed and specific to one penalty – served as a poignant metaphor. This is a club that makes do with a very short supply of goods.
Things aren’t looking good for Bruins defenseman Mark Stuart, who is expected to miss at least the first two playoff games for Boston. Fluto Shinzawa wonders if the Bruins popped a champagne bottle open after that crucial win against Carolina – even if it was in a muted celebration – after making the playoffs following a turbulent season.
The Bruins called up Zach Hamill and Jeff Penner for today’s game, presumably to give some starters rest.
Washington bloggers/papers are saying:
Tarik El-Bashir writes that the Capitals still have plenty to accomplish. It’s funny that so many people harped on Sidney Crosby stealing too much spotlight from Evgeni Malkin because a similar thing is happening with Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom. Backstrom hit the 100 point mark for the first time in his career this season.
Japers’ Rink has a ton of great stuff on its front page. Just scroll around and enjoy all the Caps-crazed goodness.
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 0
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 4
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 47
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (47)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)