Apr 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
(This photo is just too good not to post again. Click on it. You won’t regret it. Did Evander Kane become an honorary Boston Bruin with this punch?)
Boston bloggers/papers are saying:
NBC Sports’ own Kevin Paul Dupont does a great job of summarizing the Bruins’ season and how that three shorthanded goal spree almost seemed fitting. Here’s a great paragraph from a Boston Globe story.
In a season in which the Bruins have been woefully short on most everything, especially goal-scoring, power-play efficiency, good health, and consistency, the NHL record for shorthanded strikes – both for speed and specific to one penalty – served as a poignant metaphor. This is a club that makes do with a very short supply of goods.
Things aren’t looking good for Bruins defenseman Mark Stuart, who is expected to miss at least the first two playoff games for Boston. Fluto Shinzawa wonders if the Bruins popped a champagne bottle open after that crucial win against Carolina – even if it was in a muted celebration – after making the playoffs following a turbulent season.
The Bruins called up Zach Hamill and Jeff Penner for today’s game, presumably to give some starters rest.
Washington bloggers/papers are saying:
Tarik El-Bashir writes that the Capitals still have plenty to accomplish. It’s funny that so many people harped on Sidney Crosby stealing too much spotlight from Evgeni Malkin because a similar thing is happening with Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom. Backstrom hit the 100 point mark for the first time in his career this season.
Japers’ Rink has a ton of great stuff on its front page. Just scroll around and enjoy all the Caps-crazed goodness.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)