Apr 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
(This photo is just too good not to post again. Click on it. You won’t regret it. Did Evander Kane become an honorary Boston Bruin with this punch?)
Boston bloggers/papers are saying:
NBC Sports’ own Kevin Paul Dupont does a great job of summarizing the Bruins’ season and how that three shorthanded goal spree almost seemed fitting. Here’s a great paragraph from a Boston Globe story.
In a season in which the Bruins have been woefully short on most everything, especially goal-scoring, power-play efficiency, good health, and consistency, the NHL record for shorthanded strikes – both for speed and specific to one penalty – served as a poignant metaphor. This is a club that makes do with a very short supply of goods.
Things aren’t looking good for Bruins defenseman Mark Stuart, who is expected to miss at least the first two playoff games for Boston. Fluto Shinzawa wonders if the Bruins popped a champagne bottle open after that crucial win against Carolina – even if it was in a muted celebration – after making the playoffs following a turbulent season.
The Bruins called up Zach Hamill and Jeff Penner for today’s game, presumably to give some starters rest.
Washington bloggers/papers are saying:
Tarik El-Bashir writes that the Capitals still have plenty to accomplish. It’s funny that so many people harped on Sidney Crosby stealing too much spotlight from Evgeni Malkin because a similar thing is happening with Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom. Backstrom hit the 100 point mark for the first time in his career this season.
Japers’ Rink has a ton of great stuff on its front page. Just scroll around and enjoy all the Caps-crazed goodness.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 5
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 80
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (80)