Apr 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
(This photo is just too good not to post again. Click on it. You won’t regret it. Did Evander Kane become an honorary Boston Bruin with this punch?)
Boston bloggers/papers are saying:
NBC Sports’ own Kevin Paul Dupont does a great job of summarizing the Bruins’ season and how that three shorthanded goal spree almost seemed fitting. Here’s a great paragraph from a Boston Globe story.
In a season in which the Bruins have been woefully short on most everything, especially goal-scoring, power-play efficiency, good health, and consistency, the NHL record for shorthanded strikes – both for speed and specific to one penalty – served as a poignant metaphor. This is a club that makes do with a very short supply of goods.
Things aren’t looking good for Bruins defenseman Mark Stuart, who is expected to miss at least the first two playoff games for Boston. Fluto Shinzawa wonders if the Bruins popped a champagne bottle open after that crucial win against Carolina – even if it was in a muted celebration – after making the playoffs following a turbulent season.
The Bruins called up Zach Hamill and Jeff Penner for today’s game, presumably to give some starters rest.
Washington bloggers/papers are saying:
Tarik El-Bashir writes that the Capitals still have plenty to accomplish. It’s funny that so many people harped on Sidney Crosby stealing too much spotlight from Evgeni Malkin because a similar thing is happening with Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom. Backstrom hit the 100 point mark for the first time in his career this season.
Japers’ Rink has a ton of great stuff on its front page. Just scroll around and enjoy all the Caps-crazed goodness.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 99
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (100)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)