Apr 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
(This photo is just too good not to post again. Click on it. You won’t regret it. Did Evander Kane become an honorary Boston Bruin with this punch?)
Boston bloggers/papers are saying:
NBC Sports’ own Kevin Paul Dupont does a great job of summarizing the Bruins’ season and how that three shorthanded goal spree almost seemed fitting. Here’s a great paragraph from a Boston Globe story.
In a season in which the Bruins have been woefully short on most everything, especially goal-scoring, power-play efficiency, good health, and consistency, the NHL record for shorthanded strikes – both for speed and specific to one penalty – served as a poignant metaphor. This is a club that makes do with a very short supply of goods.
Things aren’t looking good for Bruins defenseman Mark Stuart, who is expected to miss at least the first two playoff games for Boston. Fluto Shinzawa wonders if the Bruins popped a champagne bottle open after that crucial win against Carolina – even if it was in a muted celebration – after making the playoffs following a turbulent season.
The Bruins called up Zach Hamill and Jeff Penner for today’s game, presumably to give some starters rest.
Washington bloggers/papers are saying:
Tarik El-Bashir writes that the Capitals still have plenty to accomplish. It’s funny that so many people harped on Sidney Crosby stealing too much spotlight from Evgeni Malkin because a similar thing is happening with Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom. Backstrom hit the 100 point mark for the first time in his career this season.
Japers’ Rink has a ton of great stuff on its front page. Just scroll around and enjoy all the Caps-crazed goodness.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)