Apr 11, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
When Alex Ovechkin scored an empty net goal with .2 seconds left in the Capitals’ last regular season against the Penguins, I jokingly asked if he “hooked the tights”* on the Richard trophy.
* – This is a professional wrestling reference. Yes, I am lame.
Anyway, there’s more than a little humor to the fact that Steven Stamkos scored his Richard-tying goal #51 with an empty-netter and that Crosby (a little less than 9 minutes left in the third period) could very well take the trophy with an empty-netter himself.
At the moment, though, it’s Crosby: 51, Stamkos: 51 and Ovechkin: 50. We’ll follow the rest of the Penguins to keep you updated on who wins the goal scoring trophy.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25