Apr 11, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
When Alex Ovechkin scored an empty net goal with .2 seconds left in the Capitals’ last regular season against the Penguins, I jokingly asked if he “hooked the tights”* on the Richard trophy.
* – This is a professional wrestling reference. Yes, I am lame.
Anyway, there’s more than a little humor to the fact that Steven Stamkos scored his Richard-tying goal #51 with an empty-netter and that Crosby (a little less than 9 minutes left in the third period) could very well take the trophy with an empty-netter himself.
At the moment, though, it’s Crosby: 51, Stamkos: 51 and Ovechkin: 50. We’ll follow the rest of the Penguins to keep you updated on who wins the goal scoring trophy.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 6
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 23
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42