Apr 11, 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
Today might be a bit misleading from an “injuries” standpoint since there might be players who are held out of the game because both teams already clinched their position in the playoffs. The Capitals already guaranteed themselves the number one seed in the East while Montreal’s loss yesterday assured Boston’s place as the number six seed (although it still remains to be seen whether the Bruins will play against the currently second place Devils and the third place Sabres).
First, here are the players who are legitimately injured for both teams, according to NHL.com.
Injury report: Savard is questionable to play again this season for Boston as he battles post-concussion symptoms. Defensemen Andrew Ference (groin), Mark Stuart (finger) and Dennis Seidenberg (forearm) are also out of the lineup. … Washington is missing forward Tyler Sloan (upper body) and defenseman Milan Jurcina (sports hernia).
That being said, don’t be surprised if there are some big names getting a breather during the last game of the season.
The Boston Globe reports that backup-turned-starter Tuukka Rask might get some rest in favor of former Vezina Trophy winner Tim Thomas. No word on which Washington Capitals goalie will play yet.
One player you shouldn’t expect to see in the press box is Alex Ovechkin, though. The Russian superstar is in an ultra-tight race for the Rocket Richard Trophy at 50 goals with Steven Stamkos (50) and Sidney Crosby (49). He also needs quite the game to win the Art Ross Trophy because Henrik Sedin’s 4 assists gave the Swede a 112-109 lead on Ovechkin.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)