Apr 10, 2010, 12:10 PM EST
Bad news for the Ottawa Senators (although some who consider him particularly frustrating might sarcastically say it’s good news): Alex Kovalev will not return for the playoffs after tearing his ACL. The news comes from the Habs Inside/Out Twitter feed.
Kovalev has – for better and often for worse – delivered as advertised this season. He only has 18 goals and 31 assists for 49 points so far and has been especially bad in the last month, only scoring one goal and one assist since the Olympic Break. Still, few can ignore the mercurial Russian’s skills, so there at least has to be some heartache for an Ottawa Senators team that is long on effort but short on scoring depth.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 1
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 11
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56