Apr 10, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Bad news for the Ottawa Senators (although some who consider him particularly frustrating might sarcastically say it’s good news): Alex Kovalev will not return for the playoffs after tearing his ACL. The news comes from the Habs Inside/Out Twitter feed.
Kovalev has – for better and often for worse – delivered as advertised this season. He only has 18 goals and 31 assists for 49 points so far and has been especially bad in the last month, only scoring one goal and one assist since the Olympic Break. Still, few can ignore the mercurial Russian’s skills, so there at least has to be some heartache for an Ottawa Senators team that is long on effort but short on scoring depth.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11