Apr 10, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Bad news for the Ottawa Senators (although some who consider him particularly frustrating might sarcastically say it’s good news): Alex Kovalev will not return for the playoffs after tearing his ACL. The news comes from the Habs Inside/Out Twitter feed.
Kovalev has – for better and often for worse – delivered as advertised this season. He only has 18 goals and 31 assists for 49 points so far and has been especially bad in the last month, only scoring one goal and one assist since the Olympic Break. Still, few can ignore the mercurial Russian’s skills, so there at least has to be some heartache for an Ottawa Senators team that is long on effort but short on scoring depth.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5