Apr 10, 2010, 12:10 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Video: Modano’s emotional night in Big D: If you’re not moved by this, you’re a monster.
NHL playoffs update: Rangers knocking on the door: But would they kick it in later in the evening?
Hornqvist expected to be ready for playoffs: The Preds are going to need Horny for the playoffs.
The case for Sidney Crosby for the Hart Trophy: Yeah, cause that should be tough to make.
Ponikarovsky hit on Bailey: Suspension-worthy?: I’m thinking it might be…
Nick Lidstrom should not retire this year: Yes, he’s playing as good as ever. Seriously.
Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin top list of young scorers: Also, water still wet.
Shootout-happy season benefits Coyotes most: Hello potential playoff storyline.
Alexei Ponikarovsky suspended 2 games: See… Told you it might be.
Capitals don’t need to name a No. 1 goalie: Jose & Semyon sounds like a Vegas act anyway.
My insane (but awesome) shootout solution: James lures you to his padded room with genius.
Quick hits: Jeff Carter might be back tonight: All that and much, much more.
Tyler Myers’ Calder Trophy argument: The debate rages on.
North Dakota Fighting Sioux no more: Political correctness run amok once again.
Coyotes inch closer to sale: Ice Edge steps to the plate first…
Blackhawks’ price of success: Supply and demand rears its ugly head again.
Blake Geoffrion wins Hobey Baker: Wisconsin’s best brings home the hardware.
Coyotes with more than one bidder: …and Glendale Hockey jumps in as well.
NHL Draft lottery preparation guide: It’s not the ping pong party you thought it was.
NHL playoffs update: Just win baby: The Rangers kicked the door in; Chaos ensues.
Matt Duchene hurt vs. Chicago: Potentially tough blow for the youthful Avs in the playoffs.
Race for the Rocket: Ovechkin first to 50: And how will Sid and Steven answer?
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)