Apr 10, 2010, 12:10 AM EST
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Video: Modano’s emotional night in Big D: If you’re not moved by this, you’re a monster.
NHL playoffs update: Rangers knocking on the door: But would they kick it in later in the evening?
Hornqvist expected to be ready for playoffs: The Preds are going to need Horny for the playoffs.
The case for Sidney Crosby for the Hart Trophy: Yeah, cause that should be tough to make.
Ponikarovsky hit on Bailey: Suspension-worthy?: I’m thinking it might be…
Nick Lidstrom should not retire this year: Yes, he’s playing as good as ever. Seriously.
Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin top list of young scorers: Also, water still wet.
Shootout-happy season benefits Coyotes most: Hello potential playoff storyline.
Alexei Ponikarovsky suspended 2 games: See… Told you it might be.
Capitals don’t need to name a No. 1 goalie: Jose & Semyon sounds like a Vegas act anyway.
My insane (but awesome) shootout solution: James lures you to his padded room with genius.
Quick hits: Jeff Carter might be back tonight: All that and much, much more.
Tyler Myers’ Calder Trophy argument: The debate rages on.
North Dakota Fighting Sioux no more: Political correctness run amok once again.
Coyotes inch closer to sale: Ice Edge steps to the plate first…
Blackhawks’ price of success: Supply and demand rears its ugly head again.
Blake Geoffrion wins Hobey Baker: Wisconsin’s best brings home the hardware.
Coyotes with more than one bidder: …and Glendale Hockey jumps in as well.
NHL Draft lottery preparation guide: It’s not the ping pong party you thought it was.
NHL playoffs update: Just win baby: The Rangers kicked the door in; Chaos ensues.
Matt Duchene hurt vs. Chicago: Potentially tough blow for the youthful Avs in the playoffs.
Race for the Rocket: Ovechkin first to 50: And how will Sid and Steven answer?
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 26
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)