Apr 10, 2010, 12:10 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Video: Modano’s emotional night in Big D: If you’re not moved by this, you’re a monster.
NHL playoffs update: Rangers knocking on the door: But would they kick it in later in the evening?
Hornqvist expected to be ready for playoffs: The Preds are going to need Horny for the playoffs.
The case for Sidney Crosby for the Hart Trophy: Yeah, cause that should be tough to make.
Ponikarovsky hit on Bailey: Suspension-worthy?: I’m thinking it might be…
Nick Lidstrom should not retire this year: Yes, he’s playing as good as ever. Seriously.
Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin top list of young scorers: Also, water still wet.
Shootout-happy season benefits Coyotes most: Hello potential playoff storyline.
Alexei Ponikarovsky suspended 2 games: See… Told you it might be.
Capitals don’t need to name a No. 1 goalie: Jose & Semyon sounds like a Vegas act anyway.
My insane (but awesome) shootout solution: James lures you to his padded room with genius.
Quick hits: Jeff Carter might be back tonight: All that and much, much more.
Tyler Myers’ Calder Trophy argument: The debate rages on.
North Dakota Fighting Sioux no more: Political correctness run amok once again.
Coyotes inch closer to sale: Ice Edge steps to the plate first…
Blackhawks’ price of success: Supply and demand rears its ugly head again.
Blake Geoffrion wins Hobey Baker: Wisconsin’s best brings home the hardware.
Coyotes with more than one bidder: …and Glendale Hockey jumps in as well.
NHL Draft lottery preparation guide: It’s not the ping pong party you thought it was.
NHL playoffs update: Just win baby: The Rangers kicked the door in; Chaos ensues.
Matt Duchene hurt vs. Chicago: Potentially tough blow for the youthful Avs in the playoffs.
Race for the Rocket: Ovechkin first to 50: And how will Sid and Steven answer?
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)