Apr 10, 2010, 12:10 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Video: Modano’s emotional night in Big D: If you’re not moved by this, you’re a monster.
NHL playoffs update: Rangers knocking on the door: But would they kick it in later in the evening?
Hornqvist expected to be ready for playoffs: The Preds are going to need Horny for the playoffs.
The case for Sidney Crosby for the Hart Trophy: Yeah, cause that should be tough to make.
Ponikarovsky hit on Bailey: Suspension-worthy?: I’m thinking it might be…
Nick Lidstrom should not retire this year: Yes, he’s playing as good as ever. Seriously.
Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin top list of young scorers: Also, water still wet.
Shootout-happy season benefits Coyotes most: Hello potential playoff storyline.
Alexei Ponikarovsky suspended 2 games: See… Told you it might be.
Capitals don’t need to name a No. 1 goalie: Jose & Semyon sounds like a Vegas act anyway.
My insane (but awesome) shootout solution: James lures you to his padded room with genius.
Quick hits: Jeff Carter might be back tonight: All that and much, much more.
Tyler Myers’ Calder Trophy argument: The debate rages on.
North Dakota Fighting Sioux no more: Political correctness run amok once again.
Coyotes inch closer to sale: Ice Edge steps to the plate first…
Blackhawks’ price of success: Supply and demand rears its ugly head again.
Blake Geoffrion wins Hobey Baker: Wisconsin’s best brings home the hardware.
Coyotes with more than one bidder: …and Glendale Hockey jumps in as well.
NHL Draft lottery preparation guide: It’s not the ping pong party you thought it was.
NHL playoffs update: Just win baby: The Rangers kicked the door in; Chaos ensues.
Matt Duchene hurt vs. Chicago: Potentially tough blow for the youthful Avs in the playoffs.
Race for the Rocket: Ovechkin first to 50: And how will Sid and Steven answer?
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 18
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 46
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 1
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 25
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control