Apr 10, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Friday night featured a huge Philadelphia Flyers – New York Rangers game in which both goalies showed up to work.
The first Save of the Night was made by beleaguered Flyers goalie Brian Boucher. Sure, he had to make this save because of a big mistake, but sometimes you just have to sit back and admire an awesome-looking save. And this one looks truly outstanding. (While you’re at it, check out this great Boucher interview by The Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle.)
Still, Henrik Lundqvist made the big saves when they mattered the most, keeping the Rangers alive in the playoff bubble race. Here’s a big stop the Swedish goalie made late in the third period of last night’s game.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40