Apr 10, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
Friday night featured a huge Philadelphia Flyers – New York Rangers game in which both goalies showed up to work.
The first Save of the Night was made by beleaguered Flyers goalie Brian Boucher. Sure, he had to make this save because of a big mistake, but sometimes you just have to sit back and admire an awesome-looking save. And this one looks truly outstanding. (While you’re at it, check out this great Boucher interview by The Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle.)
Still, Henrik Lundqvist made the big saves when they mattered the most, keeping the Rangers alive in the playoff bubble race. Here’s a big stop the Swedish goalie made late in the third period of last night’s game.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12