Apr 10, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Friday night featured a huge Philadelphia Flyers – New York Rangers game in which both goalies showed up to work.
The first Save of the Night was made by beleaguered Flyers goalie Brian Boucher. Sure, he had to make this save because of a big mistake, but sometimes you just have to sit back and admire an awesome-looking save. And this one looks truly outstanding. (While you’re at it, check out this great Boucher interview by The Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle.)
Still, Henrik Lundqvist made the big saves when they mattered the most, keeping the Rangers alive in the playoff bubble race. Here’s a big stop the Swedish goalie made late in the third period of last night’s game.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50